Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto injury

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This ! I thought the officials were a disgrace in the second half with so many ‘big club’ decisions that left me speechless (actually I wasn’t speechless at all I was going friggin mental tbh !)

Agreed - big club ref and Lino’s. There were some bloody close offside calls I thought they got wrong in their favour too.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's a foul every day of the week. It's also a yellow every day of the week. And probably 50% of the time it would be red. Either way he should have been off.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Absolutely no intention of playing the ball.

[tweet]970312930045628416[/tweet]

That is a booking all day long - which would have meant a red - and yet that twunt of a ref gave Dale a yellow card for a tackle where he actually played the ball. That referee did everything in his power to try and help Arsenal with his decisions today.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Does the Greyhound have to miss the next game if he was concussed ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was my opinion and obviously the refs because he gave a throw in. I saw it as just a clash of heads both going for the ball. Ridiculous all the baying and shouting for a red card.

I can’t understand how you saw it as a clash of heads...the speed both players attacked the ball..what do u think the Arsenal players head is made of ..he wasn’t injured :moo:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Happy to watch replays and be proved wrong, this time however every angle cemented it as a straight red for me, it’s not 1962 FFS. Do people really not know the laws of the game, or perhaps never played to know when someone has actually ‘done someone’. Dreadful challenge.

Butterballsup thought it was Schelottos fault :moo:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You may need to watch it again because from 3 of the 4 angles ive seen its not head to head. Its shoulder to head.

Look at this one
https://twitter.com/Carlbhafc/statu...y|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^3
Only the linesmans view could give the angle thag might be believed to be head to head.

The only thing in the defenders favour is at the point of contact he is looking at the ball.

In my view and given what had happened a few mins earlier (schelotto foul on the same defender) i would have thought an easy yellow to give

Don't try and reason with him. Guy is not on the same planet.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's a foul every day of the week. It's also a yellow every day of the week. And probably 50% of the time it would be red. Either way he should have been off.

Exactly. Ref couldn't even give a foul because if he had he would had to give a yellow, and that would have been off and he clearly didn't want that. I was in East and from that angle it did look accidental, but from this view (and ref's) it was at the very least, clumsy and I think worse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was right in front of it a few rows back in the east and I thought it was a clash of heads.

Happy to change my opinion having seen the videos - no intention to play the ball and could have been an even worse injury...

As for the DS/JW one? Absolute shocker by the officials [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here