Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would like to take my hat off to Papa. I was a non believer but my god did this beast deliver. It is - 4 c and - 11 c in the wind out there. Not much snow here but a once in 20 years event this and I think we will get a few inches the next 2 days. Well done Papa. You well and truly OWNED me on this one !!!!

Well this is lovely. There is hope for world peace after all.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I would like to take my hat off to Papa. I was a non believer but my god did this beast deliver. It is - 4 c and - 11 c in the wind out there. Not much snow here but a once in 20 years event this and I think we will get a few inches the next 2 days. Well done Papa. You well and truly OWNED me on this one !!!!

Wow:cool:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Snow novelty some what dampened by the fact that our boiler has packed up!

Bunkered down in the kitchen where we have underfloor heating. Thinking about moving a mattress in here!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Well played Sir [emoji106][emoji106]

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick

Wow, that is cold. I believe that hell has actually just frozen over!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just been out in the car minus 6 its been many many years since I have been that cold

The fact that it’s -6 is bad enough, but it’s the windchill. Absolutely RAW out there. Can’t remember it being as cold as that in my lifetime.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
We will see what thursday and friday bring but so far i think coastal west sussex must have some of the lowest amounts of settled snowfall in the country

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's so up and down in last 4 hours BBC has gone for snow all day tomorrow to a small amount. This is for Crawley.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The models appear to be having a 'mare at the moment. Latest GFS model is already proven wrong just 3 hours into its run. Can't be easy to forecast when the models are struggling so obviously.

Also ... thumbs up US.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Is this thing going more east than expected?
I’ve already dug my car out twice this week in the north east corner of Sussex :(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Laughing at the mass panic even a One Show - snow special.

Then tonight my boiler packs in tonight :)

Brilliant.

Yeah just get a fan heater at Argos until British Gas come round. Sold out everywhere :) Screwfix, Toolstation, Homebase - nothing.

Found one at B&Q "click and collect* which is a couple of TRAINS away tomorrow.

It gets worse - one is SOUTHERN.

Luckily I have an electric blanket somewhere and electric underfloor heating in the bathroom.

**** off snow.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed I'm 45 so I've seen many winters 2010 was very bad but for sheer cold it's this one

1985 was pretty bad for sheer brass monkeys levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here