Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strikers who are free agents

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well, as long as we sign someone - anyone - sharpish, even if they're not as good as what we've got or CH doesn't want them. We've simply got to sign someone before our season falls apart and we find ourselves in a relegation struggle. The fact that free agents are generally free agents because nobody wants them must not be allowed to cloud our judgement!

On the other hand, we could just get on and try and win matches with the very decent squad we've got.
It's a worrying sign as to the mood of Albion fans I know that I wasn't actually sure you were joking until the last two lines...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Instead of old prem players wanting a payday, we should be considering the young players who don't make it at a top club. Better wages and hungry to impress

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If we want a fourth choice and nobody worth having is available, I'd rather throw in a youngster as a 4th option. They might not be any good but you never know until they're given a chance, they wouldn't get much game time anyway and would at the very least be keen to prove themselves - more so than a random 34yo mercenary whose legs have gone and is coasting to retirement. Or Leon Best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we want a fourth choice and nobody worth having is available, I'd rather throw in a youngster as a 4th option. They might not be any good but you never know until they're given a chance, they wouldn't get much game time anyway and would at the very least be keen to prove themselves - more so than a random 34yo mercenary whose legs have gone and is coasting to retirement. Or Leon Best.

I don't think we want a 4th choice striker, all of this has come about because we need a 1st choice striker, and they ain't cheap.

Oct 25, 2003
Not a bad idea in theory and if it were 'pay per game' that would be an added incentive to stay fit, score goals to get more games.

how many of these deals actually exist? If I was a player I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole....just go and play in USA/middle east/australia/China with a guaranteed income and easy standard of play

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
A player I really rated at Blackburn but who seems to have gone backwards since is Junior Hoilett. Seems that QPR offered him around 10 grand a week to stay. Been playing as a winger but could play on the left of a front three or maybe off of a front man. Much of his decent work at Blackburn was coming inside from the left so he's not a 'chalk on the boots' wide man.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
These "free agents" must have the worst actual Agents in the world. "Yeah, mate, I even tried telling Norwich that Brighton were interested in you.... yeah, that old one... but still no dice. I'll get back to you once I've heard from Exeter. Don't ring me, I'll ring you.......":nono:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I did see on Twitter that Ted Striker was available from Macho Grande.
Missed out on that one :thumbsup:

Striker.....striker,....striker.........STRIKE HER

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like us to sign a striker not a top name but better than Manu just to bring on as an option if our staring two are struggling and to add perhaps a new dimension to the game. At the moment we can only replace one of them but not even that against Brentford.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
25 shirt still free. Surely a rare pay as you play deal is an option if he can still run.

Oh for heaven's sake! We won't be signing anybody until January* - let's just get on with it! And please let's just let Bobby's poor old knees get on with enjoying their retirement!

*This is purely my opinion, not based on any inside knowledge at all; I still think I'm right though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here