Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downland being sold off by council

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We need to build millions of homes, there are not enough brownfield sites to fulfill the needs of the population, there will need to be new homes on what is currently undeveloped land. Alternatively we can watch house prices and rents continue to rise. Take your pick?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We need to build millions of homes, there are not enough brownfield sites to fulfill the needs of the population, there will need to be new homes on what is currently undeveloped land. Alternatively we can watch house prices and rents continue to rise. Take your pick?
We don't need millions of homes. We need fewer people.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Okay, what do you suggest? We can either build homes or kill people, your choice? And if the latter, who would you kill?

Think he was alluding to ending freedom of movement and coming out of the EU..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Think he was alluding to ending freedom of movement and coming out of the EU..
Lol! I don't want to kill anyone, not was I stating anything political. It just seems that humanity as a whole is increasing it's population massively just as environmental conditions are worsening, thus causing displacement problems, overpopulation, high densities etc etc etc. We won't be able to ignore this for much longer. We should encourage greater use of prophylactic preventatives.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know let's limit immigration that might help

So what about our current needs? You know, all those people who cannot afford to buy a home, or struggling to find a rental property within their means, or still living with parents even though they are are about 30 years of age? What about now or the next ten years? Get used to it folks, housebuilding is coming to a site near you soon, very soon.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lol! I don't want to kill anyone, not was I stating anything political. It just seems that humanity as a whole is interesting it's population massively just as environmental conditions are widening, thus causing displacement problems, overpopulation, high densities etc etc etc. We won't be able to ignore this for much longer. We should encourage greater use of prophylactic preventatives.

:lolol: i thought you would say that,and was going to edit my post,to be honest Leaving the EU or staying has nothing to do with it in the NOW,as [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] has already stated,councils are facing funding shortfalls,selling land is one such way to help bridge the gaps in that funding black hole....

once sold though,they cannot be sold again so back to square one...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Lol! I don't want to kill anyone, not was I stating anything political. It just seems that humanity as a whole is increasing it's population massively just as environmental conditions are worsening, thus causing displacement problems, overpopulation, high densities etc etc etc. We won't be able to ignore this for much longer. We should encourage greater use of prophylactic preventatives.

I realise that any sane individual does not advocate genocide as a way of reducing house prices ( strokes chin whilst in deep thought ) but we really do need to either give up on some greenfield areas or stop moaning about the cost of housing. Stark choice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I realise that any sane individual does not advocate genocide as a way of reducing house prices ( strokes chin whilst in deep thought ) but we really do need to either give up on some greenfield areas or stop moaning about the cost of housing. Stark choice.
I agree. I honestly don't know the answer. I am concerned for my children, they are teenagers now and I just can't see them affording anything. Even renting is incredibly expensive here. This is not a political statement, but our population has soared over the last twenty years, had it not gone up by several million, there would not be such pressure on housing. There is a definite link with rapid population increase and soaring rent/house prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here