Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kits 2014/15

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I thought ironed-on sponsor's logos looked SHIT?

Is it hell.

The collar looks like it will be out of shape after wearing it twice, and the sponsor panel looks ridiculous - either cut out each letter, OR have a background panel - having that vague shape cut around it (with a background colour completely different to the shirt colours) looks terrible. In my opinion, obviously.

I like the stripes is what I meant. Not a fan of our sleeves and solid blue back.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I agree, the logo on our new shirt looks a bit poor (a lot). Seeing as about 80% or more of kits have iron on logos now it's hardly likely to be the case that they all look shit, somehow these guys get away with it though?
View attachment 55949
View attachment 55950

I used this shirt as an example a few days and Bozza suggested it was a different scenario being that the sponsor's logo doesn't clash with the shirt colours, however their away kit is.......blue???

D

Deleted member 18477

y5y5yry9.jpg
egy7a9az.jpg
babysatu.jpg
u6yre4ep.jpg
7u2ynuby.jpg
ne4atyqu.jpg
ahateve5.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Kaiser Chiefs (South African Premiership side, average match attendance 5073) home and away Nike kit, looks bespoke to me, or at least not based on an existing/current template used by others.

20140709-112110-40870586.jpg 20140709-112221-40941285.jpg

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Nike kits for Melbourne City. Notice the break in the stripes and lack of shitty iron on transfer. So they DO do it.

View attachment 56013

look at where the Nike tick is too - thats not normal

its probably because they are an offshoot of Man City (hence the colours) - who is probably one of Nike's biggest teams they sponsor (especially in the UK now they no longer have arsenal, and wont have united soon) so will do anything they ask of them

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Wolves just can't carry off white. I don't know why, it just looks wrong.

WolvesAway14.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nike kits for Melbourne City. Notice the break in the stripes and lack of shitty iron on transfer. So they DO do it.

View attachment 56013

I think that may be a template from a couple of years back, it's certianly not on the current Nike range, unless of course it's a bespoke design just for them, or if there is a different set of stock designs used in the far east region.

Edit, "The away kit, bearing red and white stripes, is the same as what Melbourne Heart wore in previous A-League seasons." So it's an old home kit, re-hashed and used as an away kit.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here