Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
the question is if the UK has poor productivity rates in the EU why would they increase after brexit?

BrdOBpHCQAAsbqg.png

latest-im-stats.png

Not saying that the answer lays with immigration but the trend appears to show after a sustained high level that productivity can suffer with perhaps too much Labour flocking to the country.

Zero hours contracts and perhaps less quality manufacturing jobs contribute...

Overall though the top graph clearly shows a decline since the crash of 2008..

Not entirely sure what the answer is..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are we now headed toward an EU superstate dictatorship?

They might be. We're not. Thank goodness for the common sense and intelligence of the Great British electorate!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Last I checked we were leaving. But I am sure that against all historical precedence they will rush into giving us a good deal.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Mr. Juncker, the appointed, not elected, "CEO" of the EU has said all along that he wants the EU to be a supranational organisation, with him telling all what they may or may not do. That is effectively a dictatorship and is a very good reason for us to be out of it

He was nominated for the position by the European council, who voted 26 to 2 (us and Hungary opposed) and elected to the position by the European Parliament.(422 for, 250 against). He had a far better majority than leave did in the Brexit referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With one small sub-state (Wallonia) blocking the Canadian trade agreement the EU has now told the Canadians that they will clear the blockage. From what I can understand (and presuming the Walloons don't arbitrarily decide to agree the deal) the only way to do this is either to bribe them or bypass them. Either way this will set a dangerous precedent. 'bribery' can come in many forms but will be against the current rules on giving special treatment to member states, but it is the bypass option that concerns me the most. In order to do this the EU will need to override a legitimate power of veto. Once that particular genie is out of the bottle it won't go back and will be available in the future. I'm sure there are several leaders or would-be leaders quite excited by this prospect.
Yet another reason to be glad we're soon to be no part of this corrupt and increasingly dictatorial organisation.

My understanding is that Wallonia's concerns are just something, which will be sorted out within a week or so. 27 countries agree but one district has concerns so it holds up the agreement. That's the opposite of dictatorship.

It's what was pointed out, when the leavers kept throwing Turkey into their arguments. Turkey is a long long way from entering the EU, and any one country can veto it, including us (until we leave).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With one small sub-state (Wallonia) blocking the Canadian trade agreement the EU has now told the Canadians that they will clear the blockage. From what I can understand (and presuming the Walloons don't arbitrarily decide to agree the deal) the only way to do this is either to bribe them or bypass them. Either way this will set a dangerous precedent. 'bribery' can come in many forms but will be against the current rules on giving special treatment to member states, but it is the bypass option that concerns me the most. In order to do this the EU will need to override a legitimate power of veto. Once that particular genie is out of the bottle it won't go back and will be available in the future. I'm sure there are several leaders or would-be leaders quite excited by this prospect.
Yet another reason to be glad we're soon to be no part of this corrupt and increasingly dictatorial organisation.

You voted to leave. It's of no concern to you what the EU gets up to now.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
FFS give it a rest.

A bit like corrupt and tyrannical English dictatorship preventing Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland fulfilling their independent destiny?
Eh? England doesn't have a tyranny, it's not a dictatorship, Wales and Northern Ireland are overwhelmingly in favour of remaining in the Union, a majority of Scots only 2 years ago voted to stay in, all the polls indicate that position hasn't changed and all 3 of those countries are devolved. Oh, and the UK is officially one of the least corrupt countries in the world.

Apart from that, you're spot on!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was it not Sir Winston who predicted that one day Germany will rule Europe?

I think you're confusing Churchill with Herr Tubthumper??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here