Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did not say that, i am not pleading their case one way or another. The police are the ones who built the case against them. You seem to want to defend them without knowing any facts apart from a few friends who told you what is was like over there. Nobody is denying that a vast amount of trouble was caused by Russian gangs, however some trouble was also caused by some English fans and neither of us know what these 5 were involved in. So excuse me if I don't just blindly defend or judge them without knowing any facts.

Yet again a post I agree with

el punal

Puzzles me if these lads were even suspected of being of being troublesome oiks .How did Sussex OB even let them out of the country? Stinks of a stitch up,

Perhaps it was because they were troublesome oiks over there rather than over here. Who knows? The fact that they were caught on film chucking "street furniture" around didn't do them any favours. I suppose one good thing is that they weren't arrested by the French police as it could well have ended up with a bit of jail time for them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not going to specifically comment on the guys in question as I've not seen the video, I wasn't there and they didn't contest it ( some possible reasons for this have already been posted ).

BUT football fans in this country are treated as second class citizens by the authorities and the chattering classes. The FBO process is entirely one sided, corrupt and unjust. The idea that you can get a summons with 12 hours notice is ridiculous - no time to prepare, no time to get legal advice. As always it stems from actions falling out of the Taylor report. As fans we have no rights - we're treated differently to rugby and cricket fans - I've had a police officer openly admit that they like policing football matches because "they can put the boot in and who's going to believe a football fan".

It's time FBO hearings had some proper process around them to make them fair - say at least 14 days notice, the right to legal representation ( either professional or a lay friend ), that the 'defendant' doesn't have to cover the costs if they object, that legal aid is available. The cards are stacked in favour of the authorities. By all means throw the book at those CONVICTED via proper process of being hooligans but at the moment it's "you're a football fan, you must be guilty".

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Did not say that, i am not pleading their case one way or another. The police are the ones who built the case against them. You seem to want to defend them without knowing any facts apart from a few friends who told you what is was like over there. Nobody is denying that a vast amount of trouble was caused by Russian gangs, however some trouble was also caused by some English fans and neither of us know what these 5 were involved in. So excuse me if I don't just blindly defend or judge them without knowing any facts.

I was making the point that some of here have decided that they must be hoolies on the basis of their Facebook history as some sort of game set and match in an episode of CSI. There's no need to dissappear up your own arse about it with your 'so excuse me' type replies.

Everybody that was there [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] on this thread included says it was do or die. A lifetime ban seems harsh to me

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was making the point that some of here have decided that they must be hoolies on the basis of their Facebook history as some sort of game set and match in an episode of CSI. There's no need to dissappear up your own arse about it with your 'so excuse me' type replies.

Everybody that was there [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] on this thread included says it was do or die. A lifetime ban seems harsh to me

Do or die, for pity sake that is exactly the sort of statement that gives those that don't like football fans their ammunition.

It's a game of football, not war!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
???

View attachment 76424

View attachment 76425

View attachment 76423

They seem to have a lot of interest in hooliganism and casuals, don't they!

Joined these groups before or after the trouble in France?

Are those who watched videos linked on here showing the violence in France and the videos of Russian thugs fighting each other in some woods hooligans because they have watched and therefore have an interest in that sort of thing and must also be violent types who go looking for trouble?

We as Albion fans sing 'Go get your father's gun and shoot the Palace scum shoot the Palace scum' - does that make us all gun wielding maniacs who will attempt to injure and kill the next Palace fan they see

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not going to specifically comment on the guys in question as I've not seen the video, I wasn't there and they didn't contest it ( some possible reasons for this have already been posted ).

BUT football fans in this country are treated as second class citizens by the authorities and the chattering classes. The FBO process is entirely one sided, corrupt and unjust. The idea that you can get a summons with 12 hours notice is ridiculous - no time to prepare, no time to get legal advice. As always it stems from actions falling out of the Taylor report. As fans we have no rights - we're treated differently to rugby and cricket fans - I've had a police officer openly admit that they like policing football matches because "they can put the boot in and who's going to believe a football fan".

It's time FBO hearings had some proper process around them to make them fair - say at least 14 days notice, the right to legal representation ( either professional or a lay friend ), that the 'defendant' doesn't have to cover the costs if they object, that legal aid is available. The cards are stacked in favour of the authorities. By all means throw the book at those CONVICTED via proper process of being hooligans but at the moment it's "you're a football fan, you must be guilty".

Very much THIS.

However, it really can't take a lot of organising or money to decide which one of the 5 has the strongest case, get evidence, witness statements etc etc and challenge the ruling. If there is sufficient evidence to put up against the police evidence, they should be able to get it overturned. Overturn one and it immediately improves the case for the other 4.

Alternatively, and probably more amusingly, we can have another 30 pages of posts by various friends, wimps, bobble hatters, defenders of bobble hatters, lads, grasses etc (Apologies for anyone i left out)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Very much THIS.

However, it really can't take a lot of organising or money to decide which one of the 5 has the strongest case, get evidence, witness statements etc etc and challenge the ruling. If there is sufficient evidence to put up against the police evidence, they should be able to get it overturned. Overturn one and it immediately improves the case for the other 4.

Alternatively, and probably more amusingly, we can have another 30 pages of posts by various friends, wimps, bobble hatters, defenders of bobble hatters, lads, grasses etc (Apologies for anyone i left out)

You left out the tossers and winkers!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do or die, for pity sake that is exactly the sort of statement that gives those that don't like football fans their ammunition.

2 England fans were in comas for a few weeks as a result of what happened in that same square.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trial by what you follow on Social media is interesting if nothing else. Whilst you can undoubtedly get an idea of someone's personality it's a bit unfair for people to judge that a banning is most definitely in order because they've liked a Facebook page about casuals or the like.

I follow Forest friends on my twitter account ffs.

I thought the trial was by a magistrate.......this thread reads more like a defence appeal by social media ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If I were to receive a fbo I'd buy a blonde wig and some high heels
And do a Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie disguise to get into the Amex

Admit it, you do that every other weekend already.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpeg
Admit it, you do that every other weekend already.
If Dustin Hoffman could get away with it it would be worth a go, I couldn't spend 5 years or more not going up the Amex

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I was quoting the words of people who have posted on this thread who were actually there.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

That's a good point. There are a number of "extra-territorial" offences (you can see a list here) but public order isn't one of them.
These FBOs have been awarded for what would, outside a football situation, probably result in a fine or discharge.
Forget all the "good lads" & "standing their ground" cobblers and take this outside the football bubble; if this was five pissed up plonkers having a bit of a to-do in Magaluf or Kavos, they'd be dealt with locally and that would be the end of it. If their behaviour was observed and videoed by british police who could identify them, there would be nothing they (the police) could do about it once they came home; they certainly couldn't get a court order preventing them from going on holiday for the next 5 years.
However, the biggest mistake these 5 made was not turning up at court and asking for an adjournment in order to examine the evidence, possibly take legal advice (it wouldn't cost thousands for an initial consultation) and prepare a rebuttal. If the application is presented and there is no-one there to oppose it then the magistrates are almost certain to allow it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Everybody that was there [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] on this thread included says it was do or die.

to be fair, this one doesn't

I was in the square that afternoon in Marseille and can confirm that group were involved in an altercation with some Russians an hour or so before the main trouble started in the square. I recognised them and called it out to the group of lads I was with. I'm not sure to what extent they were involved when the ambush happened as it was every man for himself at that point.

not at first, anyway. (The main problem being no-one has seen the evidence, so no-one is in a position to judge). Presumably the five have, so they will know what the evidence is and whether they have a case against the evidence. For all the talk on here, we can only wait and see if there is an appeal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have bumped into a couple of these chaps in the past. No idea if they were reacting, over reacting, or starting trouble, but I have to say if I were with a group of friends and we came under attack, in any setting, I would fight back if I could. If I were on my own, I might use my legs more than my fists, but if you are in a group, you stick together, even if you are just providing company for your friends whilst you all get battered.
There was a recent case of a Coventry fan that fought for several years to clear his name from an incident originating inside the ground. Sometimes coppers lie, sometimes magistrates believe them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here