Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Brom there for the taking -

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This is a game where Hughton’s attitude to the game is really important. We really should be targeting a win but not in a gung ho sort of way. More of a make sure we compete strongly for every ball, concentrate big time at set pieces and make sure we get support up the field when we counter attack. Well imo anyway :shrug:

Sitting back and trying to absorb any pressure whilst relying on a counter attack will only give them confidence and get the crowd behind them. Sitting deep may work but I suggest it is not the best way to win this game.

Yep, I fully agree. I do think that we will go into this game with a positive attitude. I'll be very surprised (and a little disappointed) if we approach this game in an overly defensive manner.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
In fairness, the 5 teams we've beaten are West Brom, West Ham, Swansea, Watford and Newcastle. You could make a case for any of them to go down at the end of the season...

Fair point. Our 'kiss of death' rep can only help.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Merson has us down to lose 2-0
Definitely going now

I didn't think so but today's inept performance has me seriously worried.
I really hoped for a few seasons in the premier league to sort out the finances but can see real problems if we go down after just one season.
FFP will not allow Tony to continue subsiding our losses even if he can afford to.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I didn't think so but today's inept performance has me seriously worried.
I really hoped for a few seasons in the premier league to sort out the finances but can see real problems if we go down after just one season.
FFP will not allow Tony to continue subsiding our losses even if he can afford to.

We will end up cash strapped like Villa and Wednesday if we go straight back down, expect us to become an Ipswich or QPR at best in that scenario after a few seasons of losing our best players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely even the lickers must be starting to worry now? Goals from set pieces virtually every game and absolutely nothing up front. No incoming quality striker looking very likely to leave us struggling as we can’t score or defend anymore. Relegation looking more and more likely as things stand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Threads like this just mean the moaners will moan even more when we draw tomorrow, despite any away point being a fairly decent result!

God help us if we lose... oh dear they’re out in force now!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can you ban the OP from starting new threads, please? It was asking for trouble.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here