Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
It never makes it right, but to single out one because of your political bias is a bit stupid.
You forgot to tell what happens to the country if the it leaves the EU without a deal. How will it affect trade etc?
You know.. that thing you voted for. I cant believe you dont know what you voted for, so be brave.

You seem a bit scared to answer when asked.
we voted to leave the EU ,regain control of our borders, sovereignty and laws, if that incorporates a no deal so be it...….. have another spliff Dave
regards
DR

D

Deleted member 22389

There was very little fresh produce in Sainsbury's in Hastings Saturday morning. It was very noticeable, I'd never seen that in a supermarket on a Saturday morning before. (I used to work in there well over 20 years back when I was at 6th form college - every delivery coming in for a Saturday morning used to be packed with produce.)

You can't go blaming Brexit for everything that goes wrong.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There was very little fresh produce in Sainsbury's in Hastings Saturday morning. It was very noticeable, I'd never seen that in a supermarket on a Saturday morning before. (I used to work in there well over 20 years back when I was at 6th form college - every delivery coming in for a Saturday morning used to be packed with produce.)

Bet there was plenty in Aldi.They buy British.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's gone beyond ridiculous now, it really has. Look there's a pot hole in the road, blame Brexit.

What exactly has gone beyond ridiculous? I'm a bit too busy to pay much attention at the moment but surely no one was blaming Brexit for the shortages of fresh produce over the weekend? This thread of the conversation was about the effects of recent Eurotunnel problems.

Jan 30, 2008
What exactly has gone beyond ridiculous? I'm a bit too busy to pay much attention at the moment but surely no one was blaming Brexit for the shortages of fresh produce over the weekend? This thread of the conversation was about the effects of recent Eurotunnel problems.[/QUOTE if you were paying attention you wouldn't have posted a load of trollop
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Morrisons in Worthing was wiped out of a lot of fresh produce Sunday before last, no salad stuff other than a few organic cues and no Banana's and very few Oranges left... maybe its a weather thing ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Morrisons in Worthing was wiped out of a lot of fresh produce Sunday before last, no salad stuff other than a few organic cues and no Banana's and very few Oranges left... maybe its a weather thing ?

The weather will have had an affect too, as well as the issues at Euro-tunnel. If there are shortages at the distribution depots, due to logistical delays in the supply chain, the store deliveries don't get spread out across the HGV's, it's just a case of hit-and-miss as to what actually comes in on a scheduled delivery. Most, if not all, Sainsbury's in Sussex for example for fresh produce would be supplied by just 2 supply depots at Dartford and Basingstoke. I'd never seen a supermarket as poorly stocked on fresh produce on a Saturday morning before as what I saw though.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Not so happy for the people of Greece though. EU and Greek politicians didn't feel any pain. Yet the real people of Greece lost their jobs, their homes, had to supply their own sheets in hospital because hospitals couldn't afford to clean sheets, people died because ambulances ran out of petrol.

France and Germany lent Greece money but only on the condition it was spent on defence and infrastructure projects delivered by the pair of them.

Meanwhile the EU turned a blind eye to Greece joining the Eurozone just to ensure it's project would grow.

Here's a telling quote from Professor Kevin Featherstone at LSE : "Greece has saved the euro."

And that's exactly the point - the people of Greece suffered, and in some cases died, to save the Euro and to ensure the EU project continues .... for now.

So it's a happy ending for the EU ..... not the people of Greece.

As an aside, how good to see a Leaver citing an expert in support of an argument.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As an aside, how good to see a Leaver citing an expert in support of an argument.

And as Prof Featherstone says, Brexit brings with it some very difficult decisions.

[video]http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/02/23/watch-featherstone-on-how-2018-will-be-brexits-crunch-time/[/video]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Reading some of the posts from prior to the referendum has been quite enlightening, 'Easiest deal in history', 'they need us more than we need them' etc etc

But as the vast majority of our Brexiteers on here have been gradually backed into 'no deal' corner over the last 2 and a bit years, they've found themselves right alongside Ppf.

This probably means that he has proven to be the most politically astute Brexiteer on here. To be fair to Ppf, it's always been gibberish, but it's been consistent 'no deal' gibberish throughout the last 3 years. At least now the majority of Brexiteers (on here, at least) have ended up stood squarely behind Nige and Ppf,

So -

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

No hurry for answers, we have until 29th March

We're on our way, Tick Tock, Brexit means Brexit etc

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not so happy for the people of Greece though. EU and Greek politicians didn't feel any pain. Yet the real people of Greece lost their jobs, their homes, had to supply their own sheets in hospital because hospitals couldn't afford to clean sheets, people died because ambulances ran out of petrol.

France and Germany lent Greece money but only on the condition it was spent on defence and infrastructure projects delivered by the pair of them.

Meanwhile the EU turned a blind eye to Greece joining the Eurozone just to ensure it's project would grow.

Here's a telling quote from Professor Kevin Featherstone at LSE : "Greece has saved the euro."

And that's exactly the point - the people of Greece suffered, and in some cases died, to save the Euro and to ensure the EU project continues .... for now.

So it's a happy ending for the EU ..... not the people of Greece.

You are so blinkered it’s untrue. Whichever way you look at it Greece was struggling, the EU stepped in with a rescue package which the Greek people voted on twice. No one said it was going to be easy but the alternative was complete ruin. Today they’re in a much better position. That said it’s not your problem, Germany lent most of the dollar, the Greeks repeatedly voted to stay in the Eu....and you’re leaving the EU so leave this to us.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Reading some of the posts from prior to the referendum has been quite enlightening, 'Easiest deal in history', 'they need us more than we need them' etc etc

But as the vast majority of our Brexiteers on here have been gradually backed into 'no deal' corner over the last 2 and a bit years, they've found themselves right alongside Ppf.

This probably means that he has proven to be the most politically astute Brexiteer on here. To be fair to Ppf, it's always been gibberish, but it's been consistent 'no deal' gibberish throughout the last 3 years. At least now the majority of Brexiteers (on here, at least) have ended up stood squarely behind Nige and Ppf,

So -

What do you think we should do about the US, New Zealand and Brazil turning down our WTO quota requests already ?

And what proportion of the WTO do you think will find issues with our submission over the next 90 days ?

When do you think we should start building the border and customs posts in Northern Ireland ?

And how much lead time will we need to build the lorry parks at Dover and the other ports ?

When should we start on the requirements analysis to start building the IT systems to run the new WTO rules and Tariffs ?

How many extra customs and administrative staff do you think we will need and when should we start recruiting and training them ?

No hurry for answers, we have until 29th March

We're on our way, Tick Tock, Brexit means Brexit etc

The thing is the answer to your questions is irrelevant as we will almost certainly not be leaving with ‘no deal’ in March; that is the least likely scenario IMO. We are far more likely to fully remain, than go for the no deal .

No deal is probably also significantly less likely to happen than Ppf and his other goons suddenly transforming into considerate, respectful and erudite posters who take the time to answer you questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here