Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Been saying that all off season, amazing a fair few disagreed.

He looked like a snail trying to pull a fridge today. He wasn't the quickest last season but today...
The thing is though he's good getting his head to the ball in our own box, we lose that with Locadia or Andone.
We've spent £60M and yet we're still evidently reliant on a Championship relic. The sooner we get our new guys up and running the better.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wouldst disagree but my point was that if the UK was the only ones with a deadline of Thursday they then should deal with them as it is urgent and they could then deal with request from Italy France or Germany any other day.like Monday of next week.

You would disagree, because you disagree with most logical statements made by others.

I’ll say it again, why should our transfer deadline mean that requests for clearances should be given priority over other FAs? Why should anyone rush through a request so a player can play this weekend in England but leave a French FA request till Monday, meaning that player would miss the open game of his season?

It simply wouldn’t happen, they will be treated fairly and processed in the order they were received as that is the fairest way, transfer deadline days have nothing to do with it and can be completely ignored for this argument, as international clearance is not required by the FA to complete a transfer at deadline, the transfer will be subject to international clearance but the FA accept that the transfer was completed by the two clubs prior to any deadline.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He looked like a snail trying to pull a fridge today. He wasn't the quickest last season but today...
The thing is though he's good getting his head to the ball in our own box, we lose that with Locadia or Andone.
We've spent £60M and yet we're still evidently reliant on a Championship relic. The sooner we get our new guys up and running the better.

Are you suggesting Murray has lost a yard of pace?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Were you there today? We drank the place out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Stank the place out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would disagree, because you disagree with most logical statements made by others.

I’ll say it again, why should our transfer deadline mean that requests for clearances should be given priority over other FAs? Why should anyone rush through a request so a player can play this weekend in England but leave a French FA request till Monday, meaning that player would miss the open game of his season?

It simply wouldn’t happen, they will be treated fairly and processed in the order they were received as that is the fairest way, transfer deadline days have nothing to do with it and can be completely ignored for this argument, as international clearance is not required by the FA to complete a transfer at deadline, the transfer will be subject to international clearance but the FA accept that the transfer was completed by the two clubs prior to any deadline.

I am not disagreeing with what you say, which is correct just querying why. We just have to agree to disagree over this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In fairness, a number of the starting 11 wont be starting once all up and running. JI/AJ/FA/MM/YB all will be pushing for a starting spot. Bong/Murray/Bruno/March etc will soon find themselves on the Bench more often than not.

As disappointing as losing a game is, today certainly wouldn't mean relegation/staying up etc....lots to learn for CH, but the key ingredients has to be how to tackle an away game in an effective way that does not entail us losing 0-2 as happened on many occasions last year.
Will he learn? I don't think he'll move out of his comfort zone. We looked toothless today, not even one moment when their goalkeeper looked under pressure. Being well prepared defensively is all well and good but means feck all if we look shit going forward, which, today, is being kind. Even more so when we concede in the same way we did for all of last season. We were dreadful. No hiding from that.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well that's the worst performance of the season out the way anyway.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Worse performance I can remember for a long time , the team were sluggish , they did not look match fit , lost most tackles , attitude all wrong , so disappointing

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He picked the team and tactics

Innit!
So he wasn't pleased with the way the players play- "they knew the system" etc.
Well do something about it Chris! You know, you can actually change formation during a game. You can actually bollock a player or too and demand more. You can make early, proactive substitutions!!

Guys a legend but he let's himself down occasionally when he is this anaemic.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here