Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa interview on seagull player

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Good to hear from him but I have as much a clue about what he is saying as he has about the questions being asked.

Maybe an interpreter next time please.

I think he is happy and eggs are better fresh in the mornings. :mad:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just seen it - brilliant!

To be honest, pretty impressed with his English given he didn't speak a word when he came over.

Still quite amusing though...

Q) another clean sheet for us today
A) yes, i can't score every week

Q) how much focus is there on brighton back home in Spain - with friends and family etc?
A) yes but I'm very happy here

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Q) another clean sheet for us today
A) yes, i can't score every week

Q) how much focus is there on brighton back home in Spain - with friends and family etc?
A) yes but I'm very happy here

It's vaguely reminiscent of the Two Ronnies' Mastermind sketch

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His command of English isn't as good as Bruno and Calde after they had been at the club for a year.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
He has an interpreter there, he just chooses not to use him. Really good on him for having the confidence to do the interview without having to use the interpreter. He did a pre-match one last week and managed to do all but one question on his own. Still haven't got a clue what he's saying half the time though!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Lovely stuff. First time I've heard him speak in English. Completely different messing about with your team mates in training to doing a filmed interview. Good on him, and indeed all of our players who came here with no English.

D

Deleted User X18H

I chatted with Leo's interpreter on the way back from Palace press one Sunday last May. He thought then his services may not much longer be required.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Doing interviews like that will be the only way he improves. In his year he hasn't done that much so good to be finally hearing from him and to know that he's happy in Brighton :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I chatted with Leo's interpreter on the way back from Palace press one Sunday last May. He thought then his services may not much longer be required.

I heard he said 'your services may not be required much longer'.

Oh we can live in hope.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Superb interview, well done Leo.

On another note, he's got the same hat as me. I must be trendy......who knew!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here