Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Perfectly reasonable request by club. Majority of fans will want to see players and there families not fans on pitch. Hopefully with no one on pitch maybe Bloom will go to half way line and address cowd and give crowd opportunity to thank him.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Perfectly reasonable request by club. Majority of fans will want to see players and there families not fans on pitch. Hopefully with no one on pitch maybe Bloom will go to half way line and address cowd and give crowd opportunity to thank him.

There is going to be cows on the pitch fffsake :moo:

You got in quick to alter your original post - I'd like to see cows on the pitch personally:wink:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I really hope the club don't do that this time. It's pointless anyway, nobody listens, and it just sours the moment. If they just wait for 3-4 minutes and let the initial emotion calm down a bit, then announce something like "Fantastic achievement by the players to get us promoted to the Premier League. Can everybody please now return to their seats so the players can come back out and we can all celebrate together". People would listen, the pitch would be cleared, and the part would start.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

What at the Wigan game? If we have secured promotion against Wigan, I can imagine CH or Bruno and the players coming back out and saying something but not a lap of honour with families, Bloom etc.. how many laps of honour do we want? Also why can't the players come back out after the few hundred have cleared the pitch?

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
If they're serious extra stewards and some cops pitchside will stop it.

They won't be there and there will be a pitch invasion. Just do it in respectfully.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why do we have so many overly precious fans ?

I'm confused about who's being precious here. The majority who want to be able to watch the players celebrate rather than having to leg it for the tunnel? Or the selfish minority who think that their 'right' to prance about on the pitch for 20 minutes somehow makes them much more passionate than the rest of us who've watched the club for 30 years.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I really hope the club don't do that this time. It's pointless anyway, nobody listens, and it just sours the moment. If they just wait for 3-4 minutes and let the initial emotion calm down a bit, then announce something like "Fantastic achievement by the players to get us promoted to the Premier League. Can everybody please now return to their seats so the players can come back out and we can all celebrate together". People would listen, the pitch would be cleared, and the part would start.

You think? So all those people stayed on the pitch and spoilt the celebrations because they were being asked to get off it? Odd.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm confused about who's being precious here. The majority who want to be able to watch the players celebrate rather than having to leg it for the tunnel? Or the selfish minority who think that their 'right' to prance about on the pitch for 20 minutes somehow makes them much more passionate than the rest of us who've watched the club for 30 years.

This. I raised one eyebrow and pursed my lips at the post that prompted your reply. Then I lowered an eyebrow and unleashed a smirk when I read your reply. :thumbsup:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Who made you the majority? Speak for yourself or has someone appointed you a spokesperson for the 'majority' - I must have missed that email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
If they're serious extra stewards and some cops pitchside will stop it.

They won't be there and there will be a pitch invasion. Just do it in respectfully.

Like other have probably said, they know pitch invasion is going to happen regardless of the warning, they just need to say this for the 'we told you so' factor if anything bad happens. Hopefully everyone is on and off the pitch within 10 or so minutes, so the team have their well deserved applause.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Like other have probably said, they know pitch invasion is going to happen regardless of the warning, they just need to say this for the 'we told you so' factor if anything bad happens. Hopefully everyone is on and off the pitch within 10 or so minutes, so the team have their well deserved applause.

Exactly. There'll be a brief pitch invasion. Anyone being out of order will be dealt with and banned, everyone else goes back to their seats, lap of honour, done.

No big fuss. No damage. No bans.

If you've been watching the club for 30 years or whatever you'll know this is a normal way to celebrate at our club and all others. No big deal..

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
If you've been watching the club for 30 years or whatever you'll know this is a normal way to celebrate at our club and all others. No big deal..
Agree that all will be fine but TBF most of those discussing this probably remember the horlicks at Withdean.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Who made you the majority? Speak for yourself or has someone appointed you a spokesperson for the 'majority' - I must have missed that email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, I'm not 'the majority' as I'm 1 person. But you're telling me that more than 15000 people feel they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO run on the pitch. No way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here