Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sleep in a double bed with your 13-year old opposite sex child?

Would you sleep in a double bed with your opposite sex 13-year old child

• Yes

Votes: 67 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 44 39.6%

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wouldn't plan to but if the situation dictated it i wouldn't have a problem with it in the slightest.

I am also glad that the hotel took the steps it did and as a father I would be happy to confirm to the police who we were.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have a 13 yo daughter and if the need was there of course I would, however the chances of her agreeing to such an arrangement would be very slim, she'd take a the floor!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This, this and this. This reminds me of a case I read about in the UK a few years ago in one of the fathers for justice campaigns-

A husband and wife divorced and the family house was left with the mother and child, the father moved out into his own place. Due to financial restrictions, circumstances and the cost of the divorce he could only afford a bedsit. In terms of the child custody it was stated that he could see his daughter for a certain number of days a week but she was not allowed to stay over, the reason being that he only had a bedsit and therefore in would be 'inappropriate'. Understandably the father was disgusted at the suggestion that it was inappropriate, I am not a father but I can only imagine the anger if someone suggested that it would be inappropriate to have your OWN daughter over to stay.

Interesting story, i have been divorced nearly ten years now, recently 2 of my three children 13 yo girl 16 yo boy came to live full time with me and my wife due to my ex wife's illness! Woman from social services turns up to look at the 2 bed house and says they can't sleep in the same bedroom! Twin beds obviously!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes but the tent had canvas dividers.

Proven to stop any paedo.

On a serious note, what sort of idiot spends time worrying about these things? Of course it's okay to sleep a night or two in the same bed as your 13 year old daughter. The world is mental.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Interesting story, i have been divorced nearly ten years now, recently 2 of my three children 13 yo girl 16 yo boy came to live full time with me and my wife due to my ex wife's illness! Woman from social services turns up to look at the 2 bed house and says they can't sleep in the same bedroom! Twin beds obviously!

What are you going to do?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I took my daughter to see Green Day at the Emirates in 2013 - she was 16 at the time. We stayed overnight in a hotel as it was easier, but I'd booked a room with a double bed and another single bed in the lounge area.

After getting back to the hotel after the concert and getting ready for bed, I lay on the double bed and she came and got on the bed for a hug. We ended up falling asleep and she slept inside the quilt and I slept on-top, maybe with just a little of the quilt over me. Purely innocent and I was happy that she was comfortable enough to do that (she lives with her mum as we divorced years ago). I can see why the hotel would have had concerns, but in many parts of the world this would not be considered a problem. I think the problem comes from people constantly looking for problems, when often they don't exist (I agree with the comments of [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]). I know some may view what happened with me as wrong, but if a parent/child can't be close without questioning the intention, then something is seriously f*cked up with society IMO.

Totally agree. I don't have a 13 (or 16) year old daughter but I think society is seriously messed up if people have issues with what happened to you. If a hotel only had a double room, I personally can see no issue with sleeping in the same bed with my daughter or son.

I am trying to find the story as it was someone famous (well someone who is now famous).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Edited. I misread your post

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

It's actually due to the Housing Act 1985 and the definition of "overcrowding"

Children of different genders cannot share a room over the age of 10.

Also anyone over the age of 20 cannot share a room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here