Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
the leave supporters have displayed a total absence of any vision for the future and a total absence of the mental bandwidth needed to process the complexity of the process they have initiated.

Translation: same old, same old about leave voters being thick.

...You see nothing but clichés, generalisations...

Have you listened to yourself lately?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In your case from Deutschland? Perhaps you can tell us exactly how you will be 'fighting back'?

Perhaps you can tell us the plans for Brexit first? I think this is much more pressing and important than the thoughts of an individual in another country....wouldn't you agree?

PS I have significant interests in the UK...it's just I prefer not to live there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Once again Brendan O'Neill hits the nail well and truly on the head.

wcmg51.jpg

D

Deleted member 22389

In your case from Deutschland? Perhaps you can tell us exactly how you will be 'fighting back'?

Probably through meaningless online polls and scaremongering through the media, a million different opinions, information overload. Outside everyone gets on with their day to day life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably through meaningless online polls and scaremongering through the media, a million different opinions, information overload. Outside everyone gets on with their day to day life.

Not now though, I prefer to take it easy when it's the warmer months.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Perhaps you can tell us the plans for Brexit first? I think this is much more pressing and important than the thoughts of an individual in another country....wouldn't you agree?

PS I have significant interests in the UK...it's just I prefer not to live there.

Previously mocks another poster for avoiding answering tricky questions and also fails to see the irony in his 1000th post in this thread is to announce that his thoughts on Brexit aren't so important because he lives in another country. Way to go.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You would think that the leavers would be happy now they have got their way, and started our countries journey into the unknown, just as they wanted. Many seem to be fairly angry individuals still :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Probably one of the most tragic fortnight's the UK has seen in many, many a year. We will look back at this period and wonder how it all got so crazy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You would think that the leavers would be happy now they have got their way, and started our countries journey into the unknown, just as they wanted. Many seem to be fairly angry individuals still :lol:

Maybe you should read through all the posts posted today and then re-assess your analysis of exactly which side of the leave/remain argument has the angry ones!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was thinking that. The "Love Europe, Hate the EU" tag being a fine example.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Translation: same old, same old about leave voters being thick.

I have never used words like thick or stupid as but I would say that many are ill-informed.
Have you listened to yourself lately?

If you look at my previous posts I have tried to actually explain in some (probably too much) detail the impact it is having on one area; it is in such detail that the reality will lie.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Maybe I live in a very rarified virtual world but my experience is that most of us have moved through shock, depression and the real anger has only just started .

We always suspected that those managing this in government were mediocre, cynical opportunists but the performance this week has shown that they possess no moral compass and minimal amounts of actual tactical awareness or basic competence.

As they move from being self-proclaimed rebels to the new ‘establishment’ the leave supporters have displayed a total absence of any vision for the future and a total absence of the mental bandwidth needed to process the complexity of the process they have initiated. You see nothing but clichés, generalisations and a desperate search for a combative headline to mask the mess they have created.

We are angry that these people have gambled our children’s future; that many still treat this like a game and that the reputation of this country is plummeting.

A big fat THIS! Nicely articulated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The EU's negotiation guidelines are starting to emerge - http://news.sky.com/story/european-union-to-reveal-its-brexit-negotiating-approach-10818836

Future trade deal talks can take place if 'sufficient progress' has been made on the divorce.

The EU also wants a transitional deal post 2019, before any new deal kicks in, but subject to EU rules - budget contributions and remaining under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. We know how important freedom from the tyranny of The ECJ is for Brexit voters and the editor of The Daily Mail, so that option is surely a non-starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here