Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite things about this season so far?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Loads of highlights, this season so far has been amazing.

A couple that stand out in my mind, being at the Amex and singing "Pritchard, what's the score" What a great day out with the family that was.

Being on the train down to Brighton with the Massive, having to put up with their s**t and constant 'we're on our way' but the silence on the way home.

I hope before the end of the season there are a few more.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The Steve Sidwell goal at Bristol City was just perfect , the goal itself was outstanding but the celebration was just pure Brighton & hove Albion .

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
If you had to choose one though, which would you go for?

Home to Fulham - caught it perfectly on the volley, and got us back into to a game we'd been hitherto beasted in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Last night, strangely enough.
I listened to the match on Radio 5 Live, part of the commentary went like this, " This is a fantastic match between 2 very good teams, with skill not often seen in The Championship, i usually commentate on premier League games, but i am telling you now that this is football of the standard of top 7 or 8 in the Premier League and better than a lot of matches i have commentated on this season"
We were a little unlucky last night and i am still a bit pissed off, we got very tired towards the end and i am questioning our subs, but its not a moan, but to hear the above is good enough for me.
I understand the nerves etc, i am the same, but we really are a lot better than a lot of people seem to think we are.

In contrast, I've heard no fewer than three people on TalkShite say that we'll be relegated if we get promoted.

Loads of highlights: AK's skills; Duffy and Dunk doing synchronised jumps for incoming balls; the goals from the Reading game; Solly getting straight back into it on his return from injury; the new songs; The 'Duffdale' Bromance; Baldock's celebrations; Bruno and just the determination and will to win of Sidwell (amongst others) – pure passion to get that promotion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In contrast, I've heard no fewer than three people on TalkShite say that we'll be relegated if we get promoted.
Well, it's not called TalkShite for nothing, is it?

Seriously, if we do go up, nobody can say with any certainty whether we will stay up or not. Nobody knows how good our summer recruitment would be - obviously, efforts will be made to improve both the team and the squad - and it'll need greater expertise than available on TalkShite to make any sort of prediction as to which players will manage to make the step up.
Anyway, let's bloody get there first!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Sheff Weds away. Outrageous ball from Dunk, decent finish, odd celebration, win Hillsborough.

Great that everyone has a different favourite Baldock goal this season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Wednesday away. Never beaten them away before and without Stephens and Kayal, I'll be honest I didn't go there with much hope (especially after last season). The win there made me realise just what we'd added to the team this year, both in terms of new signings and more backbone.

Other highlights include:

Fulham (A) - The two goals in two minutes
Birmingham (A) - Murray's last minute strike
Norwich (H) - The amazing last half hour from 1-0 to 5-0
Reading (H) - Whole match we played almost perfectly
Sheffield Wednesday (H) - Stockdale's double save and winning with ten men

There are more I could name, which shows how great this season has been. Let's hope there's more to come including the biggest of the lot (promotion)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Tough, because it's such a great selection -- we really need a compilation of them -- step forward [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION]?
I'd go with your selection, i.e. the Reading one which I regard to be the best contender with Sidwell for goal of our season. Probably the obvious others are Barnsley away and Fulham home (although I might be forgetting one), but I'd like to highlight Preston at home, that move where Norwood showed his vision and execution, Bruno put in a simple cross, and Baldock finished in the other corner to where the keeper was going, and also Sheff Wed away which was a brilliant outside of his foot pass by Dunk, lobbed over the keeper expertly by Super Sam.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tough, because it's such a great selection -- we really need a compilation of them -- step forward [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION]?
I'd go with your selection, i.e. the Reading one which I regard to be the best contender with Sidwell for goal of our season. Probably the obvious others are Barnsley away and Fulham home (although I might be forgetting one), but I'd like to highlight Preston at home, that move where Norwood showed his vision and execution, Bruno put in a simple cross, and Baldock finished in the other corner to where the keeper was going, and also Sheff Wed away which was a brilliant outside of his foot pass by Dunk, lobbed over the keeper expertly by Super Sam.

Yep. Pretty spot on there. Another great move was Baldock's against Wednesday or rather Dunk's sublime outside of the boot pass that set it up. And was it QPR at home where Bruno won the ball off their player, Muray slotted it through for Baldock who took one touch with one foot and then wellied it with the other?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep. Pretty spot on there. Another great move was Baldock's against Wednesday or rather Dunk's sublime outside of the boot pass that set it up. And was it QPR at home where Bruno won the ball off their player, Muray slotted it through for Baldock who took one touch with one foot and then wellied it with the other?

Methinks I mentioned that Sheff Wed one in my post :blush:
I also indicated that I was forgetting one, which was indeed that QPR you mention, exactly as you describe it although worth adding he struck it with his left foot.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Methinks I mentioned that Sheff Wed one in my post :blush:
I also indicated that I was forgetting one, which was indeed that QPR you mention, exactly as you describe it although worth adding he struck it with his left foot.

Oh yeah. Sorry, I missed that last bit! Great minds and all that, though...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Steve Sidwell goal at Bristol City was just perfect , the goal itself was outstanding but the celebration was just pure Brighton & hove Albion .

.......also loved the sky feed on the big screen repeating it half a dozen times, and the cheer from us getting louder with each replay as the ball sailed over the keeper's head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here