Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib/Dems win Richmond Park.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Labour have alienated their traditional voters. THEY will be wiped off the map in the next election (and i've voted Labour all my life). Next election, as things stand it is conservative or UKIP for me.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
We're gonna win the position of her majesty's opposition in the 2020 election, then, provided that the HARDLINE brexit HEAVILY RIGHT WING TORY GOVERNMENT **** shit up we're win by Blair/Labour 1997 Election levels in 2025.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair to her she had not a clue what she was standing for, judging by her interview. Dampened down a few early posts this morning, the glee that she had won Richmond when Labour are so far out of touch that you just grin at the name on the ballot paper and the Cons did not put up a candidate.....

Which interview, the one with the tabloid idiot Hartley-Brewer? Olney is a Remainer, Richmond is a Remain seat, Remainers are sick of Brexit bollocks, it seems clear to me why she stood and why they voted for her.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Labour have alienated their traditional voters. THEY will be wiped off the map in the next election (and i've voted Labour all my life). Next election, as things stand it is conservative or UKIP for me.

This is the way i see it too (for the record i have never voted Labour) but for me this seems the case..

I think Conservatives have had it too...

Perhaps we will see "newer" versions of Liberal and UKIP to challenge the current status quo,one thing is for sure though

Any Norway type deal (worst of all worlds) and for the record i was (even with my basic education) fully briefed (by myself) before the vote to leave and was prepared for hard brexit...

Anything less than Hard Brexit will see me vote for whoever is prepared to deliver it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Far too simplistic. That assumes that the EU decision will determine which way everyone votes - there clearly will be some people who think that way but there will be many who won't. For example, if there were an election tomorrow I would vote for Caroline Lucas: her views on Europe are different from mine but I think she's been an excellent MP.

It's also far too simplistic to assume that Brexiters would support UKIP. I voted to leave but I wouldn't vote UKIP if it was the only party on the ballot paper. I know large numbers of people who voted to leave who have nothing but contempt for the party

Possibly,but an event like Brexit has the power to change the political map.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Junker advised other leaders not to offer their people referendums, amazing. Stop fing telling people what to do.
Ah, but that's because the General Public don't understand the implications of a 'leave' vote. We're not intelligent enough you see.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Favourite tweet so far:

" I fully accept that people voted Lib Dem but what kind of Lib Dem? There is no mandate for a hard Lib Dem."

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Which interview, the one with the tabloid idiot Hartley-Brewer? Olney is a Remainer, Richmond is a Remain seat, Remainers are sick of Brexit bollocks, it seems clear to me why she stood and why they voted for her.

So the interviewer is the "idiot" because she asked questions that the person being interviewed could not answer, glad you pointed that out. :rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the interviewer is the "idiot" because she asked questions that the person being interviewed could not answer, glad you pointed that out. :rolleyes:

Just a conceited Brexit tabloid hack disappointed about a thumping defeat and wanting to show up a rookie MP. "When is the second vote in Richmond?" is not a proper question, it's the sort of sh1te that would get cut from the edit of HIGNFY. Embarrassing, cheap and pathetic journalism from this odious, pompous woman Hartley-Brewer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah that one, you know, the one where she couldn't answer basic questions about the core element of her campaign.

But you know, call the interviewer an idiot and all's okay!

The interviewer who wrote an article entitled "Tube drivers are paid £50,000 a year - let's sack the lot of them!" Genius or idiot?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is a Lib dem snaffling a by-election seat by political manoeuvring a new thing? LOL

The historic point would be Labour losing their deposit surely?

Meanwhile we've got Super Sunday tomorrow with the Italian referendum and Austrian election. 2 more Silver bullets to the EU's werewolf heart.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here