Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bong Bashing

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Am becoming increasingly uncomfortable about how our Cameroonian left back Gaetan Bong seems to be being singled out by some of our supporters when he makes the occasional mistake in the blue and white stripes.

From where I sit he makes no more mistakes than a couple of our other players and I enjoy his daring and attacking style of play.

Bong is an exciting and committed player who, in my opinion, is given an unfair write up by some members of our community: I'm delighted that Hughton continues to back him.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
He has really picked up since his Brentford performance. Had it tough against villa and again today in the 1st half but doesn't deserve stick. Still a key part of our defence

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Am becoming increasingly uncomfortable about how our Cameroonian left back Gaetan Bong seems to be being singled out by some of our supporters when he makes the occasional mistake in the blue and white stripes.

From where I sit he makes no more mistakes than a couple of our other players and I enjoy his daring and attacking style of play.

Bong is an exciting and committed player who, in my opinion, is given an unfair write up by some members of our community: I'm delighted that Hughton continues to back him.

I agree Bong after a slow start is doing OK , at least he does not make mistakes which cost us goals ,

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think when you have seen two excellent left backs over the last few years, then Bong has big shoes to fill. He is doing well.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

It seems some of them just have to have someone to get all crossed up about. I imagine the vast proportion have them have never played football to any standard in their lives W*nkers, get behind the team or go do something else!

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for this, agree with you. Not buying all this Bong criticism at all. Got a lot of stick from fans being interviewed on the radio after the game as well. Unfair.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

Thank you totally agree - see my post re player ratings today. It disgusts me that our fans??! start to pick away at one player only. Pathetic.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for this, agree with you. Not buying all this Bong criticism at all. Got a lot of stick from fans being interviewed on the radio after the game as well. Unfair.
Yes heard that also - pathetic. Must have become interested in the sport of football only this season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Bong got his Mojo back 2nd half and did really well.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes heard that also - pathetic. Must have become interested in the sport of football only this season.

I was in the car on the way back with my lad, we were effing and blinding at the radio. Ridiculous criticism (and suggesting we need to 'get shot of him, he's a liability' or similar). FFS.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some absolute cocks on the radio and who have no idea about football. Bong in the second half was one of our better players. Infact he was a contender for MOTM.

Dunk was mine today

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Their number 24 was a real handful - excellent player. Bong, generally, handled him quite well. He has played well recently, I can't understand why so many are so keen to get on his back.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I was more concerned today, particularly in the second half where Bruno seemed to be out of position a lot

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I was in the car on the way back with my lad, we were effing and blinding at the radio. Ridiculous criticism (and suggesting we need to 'get shot of him, he's a liability' or similar). FFS.
Yes likewise, made me cringe be at the abuse.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's purely on the back of a very poor performance against Villa. Aside from that, he's been pretty solid recently

He came back rusty but a few weeks ago people were crowing about his performances.

There weren't too many good performances against Villa and nor today until we got the break and then Fulham suddenly seemed to give up.

Bong's just fine in my book

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some absolute cocks on the radio and who have no idea about football. Bong in the second half was one of our better players. Infact he was a contender for MOTM.

Dunk was mine today

Their number 24 was a real handful - excellent player. Bong, generally, handled him quite well. He has played well recently, I can't understand why so many are so keen to get on his back.

I was more concerned today, particularly in the second half where Bruno seemed to be out of position a lot

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

All correct. Bong did a great job keeping the right winger out wide and stopping him doing anything dangerous - usually ended up passing backwards. As an aside, Fulham's crossing was awful.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Certainly seems to be a favourite for abuse from the negative twats behind me. Baldock is another one they love to hate.

Bong has been involved in a huge amount of our goals this season...

Mind you, with literally 2 minutes on the clock, they were also slagging off Jamie Murphy because 'he hasn't touched the ball yet'. One of the guys is literally the only bad thing about watching football at The Amex. Frankly, I wish he'd f*** off and 'support' someone else.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here