Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But.........................did he ever buy a round?

I've known Bennett for 35 years but he's the tightest man on the planet.

I don't remember him buying a round to be fair. However, the PLANET? Are you sure? Only there's a guy at my old cricket club (YES someone else, you cheeky so and sos) whose nickname was "Crime" because Crime never pays.......

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The show from 22 October with guests Paul Brackley from Albion In The Community, and Danny Hemsley from the Brighton & Hove Albion Amputee Football Team is now up as a podcast.

Delighted to say that Danny Hemsley has been announced part of the provisional 22-man squad for the Great Britain Amputee Football team at the European Championships next year.

Congratulations to him; another thing to be proud about our club and its people.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Just spent 90 minutes in the company of Liam Rosenior this evening.

What a guy. When it comes to the Albion, its history, culture and identity (his words), he gets it.

You can hear the show this Saturday at 12pm on Radio Reverb 97.2FM, online at www.radioreverb.com, on DAB, or on podcast.

5212239.jpg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Listen on Podcast too and echo the sentiment about would personally prefer if it was say a Sunday thing catching up, but understand why it's set up the way it is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't remember him buying a round to be fair. However, the PLANET? Are you sure? Only there's a guy at my old cricket club (YES someone else, you cheeky so and sos) whose nickname was "Crime" because Crime never pays.......

We always kept a tight field...... I don't remember 'Crime'. It was probably me. Although one member has a liking for getting out in the forties. Jug avoidance.

I read your reminder of the 'press box years'- and was thankful you chose not to speak of more embarrassing incidents.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's still really quiet chaps.

I was out for a walk the other day but the Brian Owen show was drowned out by traffic, even though my phone was on max volume. I gave up and listened to something else (and this reminds me I still need to listen to the show).

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Just spent 90 minutes in the company of Liam Rosenior this evening.

What a guy. When it comes to the Albion, its history, culture and identity (his words), he gets it.

You can hear the show this Saturday at 12pm on Radio Reverb 97.2FM, online at www.radioreverb.com, on DAB, or on podcast.

5212239.jpg

For further details on Liam R's topblokeness, feel free to revisit this thing I wrote when he signed...

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?505-Who-is-Liam-Rosenior

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It's still really quiet chaps.

I was out for a walk the other day but the Brian Owen show was drowned out by traffic, even though my phone was on max volume. I gave up and listened to something else (and this reminds me I still need to listen to the show).

I listened to that show this morning whilst doing some yard work; admittedly, there was zero outside noise but it sounded absolutely fine to me (including the screaming child in the background)? :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I listened to that show this morning whilst doing some yard work; admittedly, there was zero outside noise but it sounded absolutely fine to me (including the screaming child in the background)? :shrug:

The sound quality itself is great but the level (or whatever the phrase is - I'm no sound engineer) is lower than all of the other 20-30 podcasts I listen to.

If I'm at home, whether playing through my phone or from my MacBook or whatever it's fine. If I'm out with earphones and there are no cars, it's fine. However, if I'm out with earphones and there is any traffic at all, I can not hear the whole thing, even with my phone on maximum volume. I can switch to other podcasts and hear them fine, even with the volume turned down a bit.

It's no biggie, obviously, but a show or two ago Al asked for any feedback on sound quality so I thought I'd mention it.

I said the very same on this thread a page or two back and someone else agreed.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This week's podcast with Liam Rosenior is now available.

Hopefully no sound issues this week. :)

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Great interview from Liam Resonior, what a decent bloke. So much better to hear positivity and someone being nice about other people after the drivel of Liz Costa and John Lees the other week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The sound quality itself is great but the level (or whatever the phrase is - I'm no sound engineer) is lower than all of the other 20-30 podcasts I listen to.

I said the very same on this thread a page or two back and someone else agreed.

I have the same problem. I listen to the podcast though the aux in my radio from my iPhone in my kitchen when preparing the Sunday morning fry-up. At full volume (phone and radio) I can't hear it if the kettle is boiling or if it's raining outside or if the dishwasher is on etc etc. Sometimes it's just too quiet to listen to anyway and I've missed a few shows because of this. Resolving this will make me very happy.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was enjoying John Lees talking about the Albion, but his rant about standing at football was a bit ridiculous. Obviously never experienced the North Stand!

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Great, great interview with Liam Rosenior, and what a positive and just plain nice person! We should all feel proud and privileged to have him in and on our side. And The Albion Roar is an absolute godsend to those of us abroad. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and that's my Number One!

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Great, great interview with Liam Rosenior, and what a positive and just plain nice person! We should all feel proud and privileged to have him in and on our side. And The Albion Roar is an absolute godsend to those of us abroad. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and that's my Number One!

that was the best Liam and what he is saying about the club fills me with pride and so much hope there"s a tear in my eye i love being a Brighton fan.Looking forward to my 3 games at xmas been along time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here