⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Screenshot from 2016-08-06 22-12-34.png

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Chris Martin fell to the floor but no way was it a pen

My son and I were sat right in front of that incident and, after the ball went into touch from the ensuing Albion break, I was convinced the ref was going to have a word with (or even book) Martin for simulation....as it happened,, he did nothing. Martin went down very softly in an attempt to con the ref and got clean away with it IMO.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
So, at end of season we will be saying if only we had got those 2 extra points at Derby, it would have made all the difference to our final League position.:whistle:

Of course we will, that's what we do and I'm looking forward to it !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a long thread so this may already have been mentioned but we had some good and intricate free kick moves yesterday. They didn't come off but it is clear that they have been working hard at trying something different.

I was massively impressed with our fans, we have quite a few songs these days and the were belted out for pretty well the whole game. The team responded with a very very good performance and there were some lovely little touches and flashes of flair. The most entertaining 0-0 I have seen for a long time. Although we were on top for most of the game, Stockdale saved us with three out of this world saves during the game so we could easily have come away with a defeat. A win would not have been undeserved but I am not complaining about a draw.

I have no idea why Will Hughes wasn't played from the off, once he arrived Derby became much more competitive and threatening from the middle of the park. One of the best players in the Championship for my money.

Anyway great day out apart from the two hour wait at the Dartford Crossing on the way back because of a traffic accident.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we are relying on Judas this season god help us. He's as good as past it. Doesn't care whether we go up or do well. Just a nice convenient little gig for him.

I seriously wonder if some people watch the game. Thought Murray worked really hard in attack, won a lot in the air and only really lacked in his finishing. He and Hemed don't work but I think they were chosen to make up for lack of height at the back. We will play either with Baldock or new striker and will score goals.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is a long thread so this may already have been mentioned but we had some good and intricate free kick moves yesterday. They didn't come off but it is clear that they have been working hard at trying something different.

I was massively impressed with our fans, we have quite a few songs these days and the were belted out for pretty well the whole game. The team responded with a very very good performance and there were some lovely little touches and flashes of flair. The most entertaining 0-0 I have seen for a long time. Although we were on top for most of the game, Stockdale saved us with three out of this world saves during the game so we could easily have come away with a defeat. A win would not have been undeserved but I am not complaining about a draw.

I have no idea why Will Hughes wasn't played from the off, once he arrived Derby became much more competitive and threatening from the middle of the park. One of the best players in the Championship for my money.

Anyway great day out apart from the two hour wait at the Dartford Crossing on the way back because of a traffic accident.

Agree re set pieces. Was really impressed with them.

Out of interest, as someone who's been concerned all summer about our lack of signings, did yesterday make you feel more confident, accepting that we still do need a couple of signings?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Possibly as we did with the Burnley equaliser would have meant 2 more points to us and 1 less to them so we would now be playing in the Premier. That is not to say it will but could.

Yes, that was (at least for me) the pivotal point of last seasons failure to get promoted. Horrible in so much as it was a free kick, but it should have been to us! I doubt it would be possible to write a more misfortunate or unluckier run in. But yesterday I was pleased with the draw, from a really difficult fixture to start the season with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think I would like them but watching TV I think the volt shorts with the dark tops looked good and should be usedfor evening matches in the lights. Easy for the players to pick out teamates at a quick look.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree re set pieces. Was really impressed with them.

Out of interest, as someone who's been concerned all summer about our lack of signings, did yesterday make you feel more confident, accepting that we still do need a couple of signings?

I have been more concerned with who we lose tbh. We now have Norwood and Sidwell ( who is a much better player than so many on here think IMO) so pretty good cover for Stephens.

I am putting out of my mind who we might lose now as the club have obviously tried their hardest to keep the squad together and add to it. Can't do much more. Worried about CBs still but the club are not daft enough to think that we can get by with what we have..I hope.

The attempted signing of Pritchard also shows intent

So, in brief, I am a bit more of a **** in the close season than I am during the season and I was very impressed with everything about yesterday. This squad are definitely all in it together which is like having an extra player every game that we have that spirit.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I seriously wonder if some people watch the game. Thought Murray worked really hard in attack, won a lot in the air and only really lacked in his finishing. He and Hemed don't work but I think they were chosen to make up for lack of height at the back. We will play either with Baldock or new striker and will score goals.

It was great to have him back as that extra defender who could deal with dangerous crosses. Defending is a very big part of what you get from GM. I thought he worked very hard and was at least there to get the chances he couldn't put away. Massive player for us this season IMO. His flicked headers will get us goals from other players once they start to read them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I have been more concerned with who we lose tbh. We now have Norwood and Sidwell ( who is a much better player than so many on here think IMO) so pretty good cover for Stephens.

I am putting out of my mind who we might lose now as the club have obviously tried their hardest to keep the squad together and add to it. Can't do much more. Worried about CBs still but the club are not daft enough to think that we can get by with what we have..I hope.

The attempted signing of Pritchard also shows intent

So, in brief, I am a bit more of a **** in the close season than I am during the season and I was very impressed with everything about yesterday. This squad are definitely all in it together which is like having an extra player every game that we have that spirit.

Agree with all of that. Sidwell played very well. Think last season that he'd not played much and only started to improve late in the season. This year, after a pre season (even with an injury), he looks a much stronger player than when he joined in January and with Norwood signed too we do have cover if Stephens is sold.

Centre back isn't ideal but looking at yesterday, I think we'll be okay until Goldson is fit or we get a new signing. Yesterday showed how crucial it is we keep Dunk in my opinion. Thought he was our man of the match.

The spirit did show again yesterday and was encouraged to see Knockaert running around as much as usual, even if he didn't have his best game. One moment where Skalak was stuck up field he ran right across to help Bong. Any new signings will need to fit into this.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was great to have him back as that extra defender who could deal with dangerous crosses. Defending is a very big part of what you get from GM. I thought he worked very hard and was at least there to get the chances he couldn't put away. Massive player for us this season IMO. His flicked headers will get us goals from other players once they start to read them.

Agree again. Can't believe the criticism he has got on here from some. Agree re defensive work. Think that is why Hughton played both him and Hemed as we were short of height in central defence for set pieces.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I didnt think I would like them but watching TV I think the volt shorts with the dark tops looked good and should be usedfor evening matches in the lights. Easy for the players to pick out teamates at a quick look.

[tweet]761930447064555520[/tweet]

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, that was (at least for me) the pivotal point of last seasons failure to get promoted. Horrible in so much as it was a free kick, but it should have been to us! I doubt it would be possible to write a more misfortunate or unluckier run in.....
Yes, and that was cancelled out when MK Dons scored their last-minute penalty and what should have been a win became a draw - and we'd been 2-0 up! You can't really point to anything and say it was a 'pivotal point' unless you accept that over the course of a season there are hundreds, possibly thousands of them. Then of course they cease to be pivotal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here