Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No way that Stephens will go anywhere until after the Derby game. If he's still our player then he uses up his suspension, if he goes now he misses Burnley's first game instead.

He may or may not go, but if he does the timing will have absolutely nothing to do with his suspension. We signed Gordon Greer from Swindon in July 2010 and he missed our first two matches because he was serving a suspension from being sent-off in the play-offs for Swindon.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He may or may not go, but if he does the timing will have absolutely nothing to do with his suspension. We signed Gordon Greer from Swindon in July 2010 and he missed our first two matches because he was serving a suspension from being sent-off in the play-offs for Swindon.

And then got himself sent off when making his debut for us against Rochdale

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Didn't we sign players who were crocked also before joining?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
No way that Stephens will go anywhere until after the Derby game. If he's still our player then he uses up his suspension, if he goes now he misses Burnley's first game instead.
If he goes we will have someone lined up but it will be on our terms rather than theirs. With 12 months to go on his contract there will be a fee we will accept, at a guess around £6m. If he is going to stay then I would expect a new contract announcement in the next week or so.
It's £10m. He said so himself....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Yep, and when he started playing, he got another red card, so was suspended again.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hopefully he doesn't go, but from Burnley's point of view it makes sense to wait until after the Derby game as they kick off a week later. They save the money for a week or so and they get rid of his suspension with no loss to themselves.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Assuming as many on here suggest, we are holding out for more money for DS and he will eventuall. go to Burnley how about replacing him with Ravel Morrison if available either on loan or as a purchase. bit if a hot head but good playere
Ha ha! This one's definitely a joke right?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Didn't we sign players who were crocked also before joining?

We always have,Remember Darren Freeman,i first met Darren when we were about 8 or 9 years old,was riding my bike and his first words to me were "i suppose you think you're well hard" never forget that....

Anyway long story short,his Knee was always suspect and when playing he would say hang on a minute,stop and click his knee back into place....probably stopped him playing higher to be honest.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We always have,Remember Darren Freeman,i first met Darren when we were about 8 or 9 years old,was riding my bike and his first words to me were "i suppose you think you're well hard" never forget that....

Anyway long story short,his Knee was always suspect and when playing he would say hang on a minute,stop and click his knee back into place....probably stopped him playing higher to be honest.

Freeman has an interesting story regarding Jimmy Hill from his time at Fulham!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to Football Rumours the Dutch press are saying Burnley have put in a bid for Ziyesh a Moroccan midfielder at Twente Enschede hopefully that will signal them not chasing Stephens any more.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to Football Rumours the Dutch press are saying Burnley have put in a bid for Ziyesh a Moroccan midfielder at Twente Enschede hopefully that will signal them not chasing Stephens any more.

Even when it's potentially positive you might want to keep your tin helmet handy quoting "that site"
Even allowing for all the crap Twitter accounts they still reign supreme when it comes to sheer volume of utter utter shite :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Even when it's potentially positive you might want to keep your tin helmet handy quoting "that site"
Even allowing for all the crap Twitter accounts they still reign supreme when it comes to sheer volume of utter utter shite :lolol:

A) in true football rumours style, his name was spelt wrong on there.

B) a quick google of Ziyech Burnley shows many articles on Burnleys' interest from before the dullard posted it on rumours. So good news is it's probably true - but didn't come from that shithouse site :thumbsup:

Jan 10, 2014

Totally different players.

We'd still be after a Stephens/Westwood.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure Stephens would want to go to a club with a guaranteed relegation place to look forward to
They're not guaranteed relegation and they can double his wages...we would also be guaranteed relegation then if we went up and guess Bournemouth would have been last season.

Players want more wages mostly and then prem football is next on the list....They don't care if the club gets relegated either.:glare:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FL92Transfer
‏@FL92Transfer
Burnley are close to agreeing a fee of £6.5M for Brighton midfielder Dale Stephens #TwitterClarets #BHAFC
That is one of the worst twitter accounts.

Consistently wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here