Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus on Murray; What would he now say?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“In 2011 Bloom stitched me up with his infamous two playing budgets. In essence, to sign world class CMS, he wouldn’t sanction a pay rise for GM who was coming to the end of his £3,250 per week League One level contract. What was most galling was that Bloom throughout maintained a silence, to deliberately make me look the baddie. Not bothered anyway, I made £m’s in China and couldn’t stand Sussex”.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No they weren’t. We were gutted that GM was off and told him face to face that we hoped be stayed. Irreplaceable class for all those who watched Muzza, he had everything.

I initially said everyone was excited by the CMS signing and most viewed it an upgrade on Murray. I don’t think I’m incorrect here.

I can’t find the original CMS signs thread but never could there have been a happier thread, I can’t recall a single bad word spoken about it, which is incredibly rare for NSC.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I initially said everyone was excited by the CMS signing and most viewed it an upgrade on Murray. I don’t think I’m incorrect here.

I can’t find the original CMS signs thread but never could there have been a happier thread, I can’t recall a single bad word spoken about it, which is incredibly rare for NSC.

He’d already gone, people wanted to move on and look forward. If we couldn’t have Murray, let’s get excited about CMS. I think plenty still felt it was a bad move to lose a key player in winning a title.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He’d already gone, people wanted to move on and look forward. If we couldn’t have Murray, let’s get excited about CMS. I think plenty still felt it was a bad move to lose a key player in winning a title.

I think we’d have all loved to have seen both remain in the squad, it could have been a great partnership if Gus made the leap to a genuine 4-4-2.

I genuinely believe nearly everyone at the time hand on heart thought it was an upgrade.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we’d have all loved to have seen both remain in the squad, it could have been a great partnership if Gus made the leap to a genuine 4-4-2.

I genuinely believe nearly everyone at the time hand on heart thought it was an upgrade.

Hand on heart myself and friends were gutted Muzza left. I chatted with a senior club official that summer who revealed that Muzza had always wanted to stay but Poyet didn’t think him worthy of a Championship level contract.

Totally separately obviously everyone wanted CMS to succeed, I recall being relieved we beat his other suitors.

Never thought him as an upgrade. Entirely different sorts of players and Murray had proven his all round brilliance to all us attending matches.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hand on heart myself and friends were gutted Muzza left. I chatted with a senior club official that summer who revealed that Muzza had always wanted to stay but Poyet didn’t think him worthy of a Championship level contract.

Totally separately obviously everyone wanted CMS to succeed, I recall being relieved we beat his other suitors.

Never thought him as an upgrade. Entirely different sorts of players and Murray had proven his all round brilliance to all us attending matches.

Absolutely this, ees no tha complicated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here