Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite a few boo'd near me in WSU and yes it wasn't pretty - one old boy even fell asleep 2 rows in front. On the way out many comments on the train about not providing entertainment anymore. I nearly got into trouble by suggesting we're in the survival business, not the entertainment business - many did not agree so I shut up.

Having travelled to Gillingham years ago for every 'home' game I have certainly seen some dark days so to be disappointed with only drawing with Leicester is all relative to me.
Gillingham? Yes I did that too but is this now and frankly I'm pissed off when we capitulate to a 10 man mid table mediocre side. Why would anybody bring on Locadia for Murray? Seriously. Locadia? I think our manager has lost the plot if that is his idea of trying to win at home against 10 men. There is no denying what Hughton has done for this club but he seems to have hit his ceiling.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Didn`t boo...But can you say our players didn`t deserve boos....One up against eleven backs against the wall against ten...Did anyone play well ? Their attack sharp and menacing for all of second half.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I booed. A small token boo. We’re entirely boring, negative and predictable. Gutless performance. We have two gears this season, first and reverse.

I can understand the caution against the big teams but against a Leicester team one nil down and lacking big names and down to ten men after half an hour? Not only that, the time wasting was shameful. I was secretly happy they equalised. No more than they deserved. Hughton, I love you but grow a pair or your days l, sadly, are numbered.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
PS yes, I did Gilingham, Withdean etc. I don’t expect miracles, I can accept a defeat, I won’t accept a gutless, spineless surrender against ten men at home.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But they had the team talk at halftime and when they realised we were struggling should have made the changes, that is what they are paid for, to get a result not let us just sit back and concede

Managers and coaches don’t take the field, they don’t control events. As much as you can tell a group of players to do something, doesn’t mean they’ll do it, or the opposition will let you.

My point is CH and team didn’t send them out to play like they did. Full stop.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A draw after being 1-0 up against ten men isn’t actually as bad as it sounds. In my opinion a man advantage is not actually as much of an advantage as a lot of people think. So I can accept the result. However, what is unforgivable is Hughton’s approach to the second half. It’s really a perfect summary of his approach to so many games in the last 18 months. Cardiff was bad, this was even worse.

The guy has spent £100m+ on players yet doesn’t have the confidence in them to actually encourage them to play football, move the ball, attack, get forward, shoot etc. Every single week we are so ****ing boring. It does my head in. If we aren’t losing he simply sits on what he has. As soon as something goes against us he makes a change. It’s so negative and simply invites pressure on our goal. He’s the most reactive manager I’ve ever seen. Our lack of possession in every game is embarrassing. He persists with players who aren’t good enough while expensive signings sit on the bench. We are an absolute farce away from home, so if that’s the case the very least he should do is try and attack at home.

Somehow he’s built this reputation as someone who is working a miracle. He’s not, he’s spent a fortune. We aren’t the penniless club that’s just happy to be here now, the resources available to him demand certain levels to be met and, in my opinion, they’ve not been this season. Boos after that? Too bloody right.

Exactly we are not signing the likes of Jonny Dixon and sitting in the rain wearing plastic ponchos anymore although by the comments of some you'd think we are. No point signing anyone in January as it will still be Solly March in front of them to play

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly we are not signing the likes of Jonny Dixon and sitting in the rain wearing plastic ponchos anymore although by the comments of some you'd think we are. No point signing anyone in January as it will still be Solly March in front of them to play

Good to see you and your fine Mum today

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Spin :lolol: sake. The premier league is hard. The idea that we will keep improving continuously without setbacks is stupid. We're in a bit of a trough at the moment, but can't we just work our way out of that? All this knee-jerkism and spewed anger is pretty painful.

The reaction of some on here is not a knee jerk, we have witnessed this trajectory of a downward spiral in performance with CHs tactics. Whilst we are in the middle of the table, its not a secure position and as for not knowing that the PL would be tough, we all knew that. Today I saw discontent between the players on the pitch which I have not witnessed before, they play to instructions and currently those instructions are unrealistic on them expecting to defend for 80 minutes and employ timewasting tactcs with 35 minutes to go, wtf. Two bad results and we're back in the soup, the pressure willl be on then.
With memories of the debacle at the Hawthrons last year, I predict a loss at Huddersfield, sad to say.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Gillingham? Yes I did that too but is this now and frankly I'm pissed off when we capitulate to a 10 man mid table mediocre side. Why would anybody bring on Locadia for Murray? Seriously. Locadia? I think our manager has lost the plot if that is his idea of trying to win at home against 10 men. There is no denying what Hughton has done for this club but he seems to have hit his ceiling.

Only problem with this sub is that it came too late - Locadia looked sharp and hungry.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My point is CH and team didn’t send them out to play like they did. Full stop.

If that’s the case then we have an even bigger problem.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only problem with this sub is that it came too late - Locadia looked sharp and hungry.
In one minute he looked sharp and hungry?

Really?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In one minute he looked sharp and hungry?

Really?

Some good passes and chased down their defender in the box to win back the ball. Showed more desire than most in that second half

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
If that’s the case then we have an even bigger problem.
And this is what concerns me - if the players are not doing what CH wants then they have stopped listening to him for one reason or another or he has stopped being able to communicate with them.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here