Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Dumping Holloway for McLaren was a very peculiar move. They're doomed.

Quite. Wouldn't want Holloway anywhere near our club but it has to be said at Championship level (just like Warnock) he is very competent at getting the best from a poor bunch. You need a scrapper like Holloway when you are in QPR's situation. The board have a lot to answer for over the last 10 years at that club.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
... and in truth, QPR finished last season brilliantly. It was a really stupid decision on every level. McLaren is such a prat.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think it's fair to say the the QPR fans don't rate McLaren very highly!
I remember his rant when we beat Derby 2-0 at the Amex 4 seasons ago....he seemed to be half cut.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Their squad is trashed and they are under a transfer embargo. Guardiola wouldn't be able to get a tune out of that club, they are stuffed and destined for L1.

Transfer embargo doesn’t kick in until January

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of whether they were on the slide before McLaren or not, he is a busted flush and he will get QPR relegated. Once the aura goes what's left is a buffoon.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There are some good people at QPR (Les Ferdinand for one) but financially they are in deep trouble. Plans for a new training ground seem to have been abandoned and the present one will eventually be under the new runway at Heathrow unless Boris Johnson gets his fat arse in front of the bulldozers as promised. Their one hope seemed to be the young team that Holloway was building but their development won't be helped by losing every week.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
There are some good people at QPR (Les Ferdinand for one) but financially they are in deep trouble. Plans for a new training ground seem to have been abandoned and the present one will eventually be under the new runway at Heathrow unless Boris Johnson gets his fat arse in front of the bulldozers as promised. Their one hope seemed to be the young team that Holloway was building but their development won't be helped by losing every week.

Looking at one of their forums, Les seems to have outlived his legacy there. They want him out too. That's really sad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was looking at one of their sites this morning and they were absolutely slaughtering Les Ferdinand. Apparently, he is director of football there and has made some absolutely appalling decisions. I felt quite sorry for them - nobody wants to see the reputation of a legend at their club turn to rubble, but that's what has happened at QPR.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Quite. Wouldn't want Holloway anywhere near our club but it has to be said at Championship level (just like Warnock) he is very competent at getting the best from a poor bunch. You need a scrapper like Holloway when you are in QPR's situation. The board have a lot to answer for over the last 10 years at that club.

Millwall fans would disagree

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
4 games, 4 defeats, minus ELEVEN goal difference. I hear you on the transfer embargo but García got us in to the playoffs with a waning squad and Hughton kept a worse one up. Hyypia? Tried to get also rans to play tactics that German internationals would have struggled with. The coach is really important in that league.

McClaren has to take a lot of blame - but he’s got one hand behind his back.

They’re gone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QPR are in a far, FAR bigger mess than we ever were under Garcia and even Hyypia. The turmoil has been off the pitch as well as on it.

They've lost Smithies, Mackie, Perch, Robinson, Onuoha and Emmnual-Thomas. They've bought in Leistner, a German centreback on a free (that seems to be working well), a 35 year old Angel Rangel on a free, and the rest of their recruitment has been a sprinkling of loan signings from Portsmouth, Stevenage and Rotherham, plus some U23 promotions to the first team squad.

They are going to get absolutely humped week-in, week out this season and will be a permanent fixture in the D column on every acca I do. They're going into freefall, and nobody can help them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
QPR are in a far, FAR bigger mess than we ever were under Garcia and even Hyypia. The turmoil has been off the pitch as well as on it.

They've lost Smithies, Mackie, Perch, Robinson, Onuoha and Emmnual-Thomas. They've bought in Leistner, a German centreback on a free (that seems to be working well), and the rest of their recruitment has been some loan signings from Portsmouth, Stevenage and Rotherham, plus some U23 promotions to the first team squad.

They are going to get absolutely humped week-in, week out this season and will be a permanent fixture in the D column on every acca I do. They're going into freefall, and nobody can help them.

Any other betting tips?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here