Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] This wretched heat

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Au contraire. You'll find us out in the pissing rain, the howling wind and, quite often, the pitch black on the Downs.

It's just not fair to take him out in the heat of the middle of the day right now. Even if I try to keep things low key, he's a Lab who has just turned one and only has one mode: really playful. He gets so hot it takes him ages to recover.

So, instead, he spends all day looking hopeful whenever I move, optimistically believing I might be about to take him out.

I can only sympathise with your poor overheated puppy, my mates son has a beautiful golden lab, I've never seen a dog so well trained. He was raised as a gun dog and trained on a whistle etc, unfortunately the poor lad has some brain malfunction and is losing the use of his back legs as well as now being almost totally deaf, at fourteen years of age it's come to the time where it's kinder to euthanise then for him to continue suffering so they're making his last weeks as comfortable as possible and the intention is to inter him where he had his most fun (on the downes somewhere) obviously everyone concerned is devestated, so enjoy your puppy/ dog and carry on as you are treating yours with love, care and sympathy mate. Ps hope it cools down soon.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Enjoying the summer but as usual someone has to complain when we get good weather

Let me repeat for the chatters in the back row: Hot Sumer days when I am off work, absolutely welcome them, bring it on, the hotter the better. Shorts, cold beer, swim in the sea, beautiful.
Hot summer days when I'm on nights and have to try and sleep in the day.. unbearable.

What about this do people not get?!

It's horrible trying to sleep during the day in this heat

Yeah but the sun, the sun, it's summer you miserable *******

Yeah, get it, just trying to sleep in the heat is a pain

You miserable shit, it's summer, man up, what's wrong with yuh, always someone moaning.

Yeah just I've managed about 8 hours sleep over 4 days

You misery guts, man up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Au contraire. You'll find us out in the pissing rain, the howling wind and, quite often, the pitch black on the Downs.

It's just not fair to take him out in the heat of the middle of the day right now. Even if I try to keep things low key, he's a Lab who has just turned one and only has one mode: really playful. He gets so hot it takes him ages to recover.

So, instead, he spends all day looking hopeful whenever I move, optimistically believing I might be about to take him out.

Exactly the same here. Just got a rescue Jack Russell who loves everyone and this heat is not good for them when they go mad in it.
So I’m fitting French doors at home in 26 degrees centigrade (stifling in the sun) waiting for our walk and then a couple of ice cold Punks.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Exactly the same here. Just got a rescue Jack Russell who loves everyone and this heat is not good for them when they go mad in it.
So I’m fitting French doors at home in 26 degrees centigrade (stifling in the sun) waiting for our walk and then a couple of ice cold Punks.

French doors? They'll have to go, condition of the Brexit negotiations.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey! I thought that was a young Joe Strummer

It is a young Joe Strummer. He and Woody Mellor are one and the same....nice hair, eh?

:lolol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm liking the heat this time around for some reason but usually I'm more of a cold, wet and windy kinda guy.

I've always rationalised it like this: when it's cold you can put more clothes on to keep warm but when it's hot you can only strip down as far as your birthday suit and if you're still hot that's just tough shit.

I need to regulate.

:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
French doors? They'll have to go, condition of the Brexit negotiations.

Shit never thought of that. What if I agree to take 5 immigrants in the shed and put extra red tape round it ?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Let me repeat for the chatters in the back row: Hot Sumer days when I am off work, absolutely welcome them, bring it on, the hotter the better. Shorts, cold beer, swim in the sea, beautiful.
Hot summer days when I'm on nights and have to try and sleep in the day.. unbearable.

What about this do people not get?!

It's horrible trying to sleep during the day in this heat

Yeah but the sun, the sun, it's summer you miserable *******

Yeah, get it, just trying to sleep in the heat is a pain

You miserable shit, it's summer, man up, what's wrong with yuh, always someone moaning.

Yeah just I've managed about 8 hours sleep over 4 days

You misery guts, man up.

why don't you go and sleep on the beach then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OMG! I knew Joe Strummer wasn't his real name, but, wow! Thanks!

John Mellor.

:rock::bigwave:

I just checked wikipedia and it mentions 'Woody' but not the info given to me by his art school chum (my workmate at the time).

I bet you also didn't know that his father was a diplomat and he went to public school.....I loved the Clash (and the 101ers - I bought the single when it first came out) but I couldn't help but smile wryly when I heard 'Strummer' speak. I wonder how long he had to spend mimicking artisans in the pubs off Ladbroke Grove before he mastered his professional accent....?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Strummer

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I really enjoy it when it's lovely and sunny and everyone is happy.....but you'll find me in the shade with a beer. That's my domain.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Daytime, bring it on - can be hot as balls and i dont mind.

Night-time? Cool it down. Nice cool nights or a decent breeze so i can sleep.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
John Mellor.

I just checked wikipedia and it mentions 'Woody' but not the info given to me by his art school chum (my workmate at the time).

I bet you also didn't know that his father was a diplomat and he went to public school.....I loved the Clash (and the 101ers - I bought the single when it first came out) but I couldn't help but smile wryly when I heard 'Strummer' speak. I wonder how long he had to spend mimicking artisans in the pubs off Ladbroke Grove before he mastered his professional accent....?

No I didn't know his background. I read somewhere that they changed their names 'cos of signing on and I think he lived with one of the Slits.
I actually have a book about the Clash, but have never found time to read it so far ... it was a gift.
It sits on the shelf gathering dust with rest of my 'retirement' reading :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It makes me laugh People having a pop at others for not liking heat, its a bit like calling someone out if they dont like spicy food. Its personal preferance, it doesnt make anyone, more or less of a person.

Personally I love this weather I cannot stand horrible winter mornings getting up for work, this makes it bareable long may it last.

Quite.

Personally, I imagine people who delight in the heat to be a bit stoopid, but I suspect they're not really, just different :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
John Mellor.

I thought all this was common knowledge (I must stop reading music books and magazines and get out into the sunshine, so I can fully join in this thread)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

So, instead, he spends all day looking hopeful whenever I move, optimistically believing I might be stupid enough to take him out in this heat.

Fixed for you :thumbsup:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
As someone who installs Sewage Treatment plants,Pumping Stations etc ,this beats being 4 metres down a hole in December ankle deep in water and freezing cold. It's the Horseflies that are doing me in ,bites everywhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here