Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
After visiting the physio again tonight, I think it's best I withdraw from next Wednesday's weakest link relay run.

Hopefully Mr Banana can bring home the gold for the NSC runners.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I'll take my running gear into work next Wednesday so if you need me in an emergency I'll be there, if not I'll have a slow jog home. If you need my phone number then let me know.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
After visiting the physio again tonight, I think it's best I withdraw from next Wednesday's weakest link relay run.

Hopefully Mr Banana can bring home the gold for the NSC runners.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - I'll take my running gear into work next Wednesday so if you need me in an emergency I'll be there, if not I'll have a slow jog home. If you need my phone number then let me know.

Wise move.

So calling [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] NSC needs you for Wednesday for the Weakest link team of Bobkin, Knocky and Ninja. Are you doing a Parkrun tomorrow mr Banana? We could say hello to make it easier for meeting up next Wednesday.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wise move.

So calling [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] NSC needs you for Wednesday for the Weakest link team of Bobkin, Knocky and Ninja. Are you doing a Parkrun tomorrow mr Banana? We could say hello to make it easier for meeting up next Wednesday.

Wednesday 22nd? Happy to help if needed. Just to warn you, you'll probably hate me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm losing ground.....not run all week.....got to think about next targets. Sub 20 parkrun and marathon PB most likely on the hit list for the rest of this year.....

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I think you've probably earned a week off [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION]!

I decided to do something different today, as I find I'm just trotting round the same old routes all the time. So I went off and did a 3x 1/0.5 mile interval session, discovering that I still don't like intervals as I was doing them, followed by a gentle jog around some of the bits of Hook that I haven't seen yet.

I had that pleasant burn in my legs when I finished that made me think it was a good session.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wednesday 22nd? Happy to help if needed. Just to warn you, you'll probably hate me.

You are certainly needed. So that is the new relay team. We can arrange meeting point next week.

Intrigued as to why I"ll hate you.............

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just managed a drinking/running PB. A Welsh friend came over Wednesday.and we have both drunk 6 bottles of wine and 10 pints. Crawled pout of bed this morning and managed a 21:15ish Parkrun with a nice last half mile. Feel a bit better now.Will prepare to run the Phoenix in a more sober state of mind.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just managed a drinking/running PB. A Welsh friend came over Wednesday.and we have both drunk 6 bottles of wine and 10 pints. Crawled pout of bed this morning and managed a 21:15ish Parkrun with a nice last half mile. Feel a bit better now.Will prepare to run the Phoenix in a more sober state of mind.

That's a sensational effort.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Dame Kelly Holmes was at Orpington Parkrun this morning, and I chose this week to go to Bromley instead!

She came second. If I was the guy who came in first, I'm not sure if I'd feel chuffed or guilty...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Will do me best for the team.

http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Looks like we just turn up Wednesday evening. Course appears to climb up the cliff above the Marina which is a **** of a climb.
So last call for [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION], [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]. What about 6:45 in the car park at the end of Volks Railway? I know Bobkin and Ninja so no problem meeting them. For you I will take one of the Brighton flags from the Sheffield Wednesday game and tie it to my rucksack so you can find us.
You can't miss us as we are all supreme athletes and will be surrounded by beach girls asking to take selfies with us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run

Looks like we just turn up Wednesday evening. Course appears to climb up the cliff above the Marina which is a **** of a climb.
So last call for [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION], [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]. What about 6:45 in the car park at the end of Volks Railway? I know Bobkin and Ninja so no problem meeting them. For you I will take one of the Brighton flags from the Sheffield Wednesday game and tie it to my rucksack so you can find us.
You can't miss us as we are all supreme athletes and will be surrounded by beach girls asking to take selfies with us.

Sounds good to me, we planning on donning a specific Albion shirt? Or is it a show up in whatever kind of deal? Slowest lap buys the first pint?!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep 6.45 sounds good to me. I warmed up with a sub-2hr half marathon this morning to Brighton and back. Lovely weather - hoping for some of that on Wednesday night. Nice to see my fellow GB along the prom too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep 6.45 sounds good to me. I warmed up with a sub-2hr half marathon this morning to Brighton and back. Lovely weather - hoping for some of that on Wednesday night. Nice to see my fellow GB along the prom too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You did better than me! Only managed 9 miles but then spent the morning pacing up and down a football touchline repeatedly saying "pass it". Was pretty warm yesterday morning and I forgot to put a line of vaseline above my eyes. Consequently was blind with sweat by the peace statue.

Quick 5k tomorrow morning for me then intervals on Thursday night before ruining it all at Edgbaston on Friday

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You did better than me! Only managed 9 miles but then spent the morning pacing up and down a football touchline repeatedly saying "pass it". Was pretty warm yesterday morning and I forgot to put a line of vaseline above my eyes. Consequently was blind with sweat by the peace statue.

Quick 5k tomorrow morning for me then intervals on Thursday night before ruining it all at Edgbaston on Friday

That mantra may be useful at the Phoenix. Looking ahead we keep chanting "Pass it, pass it and for the final push *******pass it"
I'm taking it easy for a few days till the Weakest Link on Wednesday. The drinking session was well worth the drop in fitness. The aftermath of my Welsh Uni friend, running round a pub in Hove draped in the Welsh flag on 89 minutes shouting "we've qualified, we've qualified" was a classic moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Not sure what's worse from yesterday –*your blindness or my bleeding nipples!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure I ever topped the 'club' in all three categories in the same week before. You must all be taking it easy. I really enjoyed the hills last week, mainly off-road.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 14.06.05.png

I'm currently on a 15 day running streak and 28 days of running or riding, most of which is running. My foot injury cleared up quite quickly and doesn't seem to be reacting adversely to me battering it every day.

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 14.10.56.png

My Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15s are now pretty much at the end of their life. They've clocked 520 miles, which is about 200 miles better than the previous pair of the same. I was thinking of just going straight for the GTS 16s, as the 15s have been so good to me. Is anyone else using these and have anything good or bad to say?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here