Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
palace are crying out for a new manager bounce.

They need a man who has managed at the top level.
Has experience of relegation battles.
Is a hero with the fans.
Has a big enough ego to deal with an egocentric dressing room.

any one fit the bill?

Maybe they could lure Antonio Conte??? Bigger club, better facilities...

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No game for our friends this week, but they'll still be pissed off seeing us win. Shame Murray didn't score for good measure, but you can't have it all.

:)

I was slightly fed up to see you win but long way to go yet. I was however buoyed by the infrastructure you have in place and that great academy, so great in fact that you only lost to Chelsea 13-0.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was slightly fed up to see you win but long way to go yet. I was however buoyed by the infrastructure you have in place and that great academy, so great in fact that you only lost to Chelsea 13-0.

Our Under 18s are called that because they are aged under 18.

Your first team squad is known as the Under 23s because that's how many points they will get this season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That is a bit like someone with a pair of roller skates trying to take the piss out of someone because their sports car isn't top of the range :ffsparr:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Can anyone see a Crystal Palace Eagle badge amongst these elite academies?

category-one-academies.gif

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Is this the new Nigel tactic? Use the 13-0 result in an under 18s match to denigrate our academy programme? Still, I guess that's fair enough. Your can't expect them to big up long-term planning when the sure path to success lies in spunking vast sums of money on disinterested primadonas and going into admin if it doesn't work out. We have so much to learn.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I was buzzing all weekend about the fantastic win against a very good Barnsley side away from home and seemingly us getting ourselves a bit back on track... Then I saw the U18s result (the same u18s who were unbeaten in 9 before this game) and it ruined everything. Such a shite mood now. All those local Chelsea West London lads must have been really good. :(

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was buzzing all weekend about the fantastic win against a very good Barnsley side away from home and seemingly us getting ourselves a bit back on track... Then I saw the U18s result (the same u18s who were unbeaten in 9 before this game) and it ruined everything. Such a shite mood now. All those local Chelsea West London lads must have been really good. :(
This. My wife asked me about the U18s bad result and I explained that it was particularly hard to explain as Chelsea restrict themselves to signing players born within 5 miles of their training ground...

All you can really say is well done to Chelsea and their excellent coaching staff.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Our Under 18s are called that because they are aged under 18.

Your first team squad is known as the Under 23s because that's how many points they will get this season.

Thats ridiculous, they are going to get 11 more points from their remaining fixtures, and get relegated

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol: is that the best you've got?

A bad result against the best u18 team in the country, after previously beating Spurs and Arsenal at the same age group. I'm not too worried by that.

As an aside how did your academy lads do against the 'Dog and Duck' down at 'Goals'? Or did they forget to book a pitch again?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
:lolol: is that the best you've got?

A bad result against the best u18 team in the country, after previously beating Spurs and Arsenal at the same age group. I'm not too worried by that.

As an aside how did your academy lads do against the 'Dog and Duck' down at 'Goals'? Or did they forget to book a pitch again?
Lost to Bristol City, Bolton, Crewe, Colchester, Nottingham Forest and Charlton, it would seem.

Whilst their plucky U23s have lost to Ipswich, Watford, Charlton, Ipswich again, Cardiff, Millwall, Coventry, Huddersfield, Birmingham and QPR.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
De rail the piss taking ? Surely we should be allowed at least one thread to have a pop without the thread of a ban .

At least you are allowed on the main board-unlike us on your forums. Consider yourselves lucky to be here. Now feck off!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So in other words if we are not taking this piss out of ourselves then we cannot post. Snowflake generation indeed, pm me an address and I will send you a couple of boxes of andrex. You can then forward them onto those offended by people answering back!

As I said to Sluggie, you lot are allowed on the main forum. If you want generation snowflake, look no further than BBS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here