Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why so many DNFs?

That Sagan looks a bit promising doesn't he?

After the race split a large group were so far off the back, they were taken off the circuit.
I assume to stop them getting 'involved' with the race if they got lapped.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
New bike has finally arrived & had a quick ride out this afternoon. have to report it was very nice & felt sharper than my other bike.
Here's a pic (i have removed the reflectors already so as not to cause [MENTION=34710]acheter[/MENTION] brain itch).
IMG_0695.JPG

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The Worlds. Just caught up. You've got to love Cav for looking so hacked off with second. I wonder if he'd have moved right not left though...

Yesterday's ride. Initally I was a bit miffed with the average mph but then I recalled taking myself out of turning back for the first 10 miles because it didn't feel right. So which of you swines is about to knoock me off a rare podium then?

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
TdF route announcement goes live at 10:30am, although it'll no doubt be strung out for some time.

One of the rumoured mountain stages looks like very steep stuff times 3.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem like one of us will have good view:-

tdf17_carte_a3fr_bd_670.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
https://www.strava.com/routes/6831445

Well Ladies and Gents, the next international break is coming up. So Tricky and G's entertainment PLC can now announce the next Geeks ride. Starting at Shoreham. Well Brighton City Airport as it is now, Saturday 12th November. 9.30am start.
Saturday you say...

...that'll sadly be a no from the those in the better half of Sussex. :down:

Have a great ride though chaps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a shame Stat, it was you who started this craze, now I've got the bug.
Yeah it is a shame but we work Saturday's, although a quick check has it as Phil's day off, but Pompey are at home.
That in turn guarantees me and Colin will both be working.

This ride had stuck in my mind, and I was hoping to use it as a bit of a 'kick start' to regaining my near pro :lol: form.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Yeah it is a shame but we work Saturday's, although a quick check has it as Phil's day off, but Pompey are at home.
That in turn guarantees me and Colin will both be working.

This ride had stuck in my mind, and I was hoping to use it as a bit of a 'kick start' to regaining my near pro :lol: form.

Little steps Stat, little steps. You'll be back on it soon enough I'm sure. Wish I could be struggling at 19 mph average. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Little steps Stat, little steps. You'll be back on it soon enough I'm sure. Wish I could be struggling at 19 mph average. :lolol:
That was a struggle too.
Every time Phil clipped passed, I couldn't keep his wheel, I did the whole ride 20 foot behind him and seriously suffered as a result.
I thought my days of being waited for were over, sadly not.

https://www.strava.com/routes/6831445

Well Ladies and Gents, the next international break is coming up. So Tricky and G's entertainment PLC can now announce the next Geeks ride. Starting at Shoreham. Well Brighton City Airport as it is now, Saturday 12th November. 9.30am start.

Woohooo, cant wait buddy!! Shame the dark side won't be able to represent, it'd be great to catch up. Shall i sort coffee??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've been kicking myself all day for being so rude and not extending the invitation.

If you ever fancy a 'yes no hills :)' ride feel free to join us.

The certainties are Monday & 14:30.
The uncertainty is when.

They are usually a last minute affair only being organised at the earliest 06:30 or even as late as 14:10 (on the way home from work)

Although I'm sure if we had a 'special guest appearance' we could get our shite together in advance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here