Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Collecting the eldest from Heathrow this morning, back from the USA for good

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
My 2 year old daughter nearly died this week after an horrific choking incident - the imagery of which I'm fighting daily to forget.
So I'm over the moon that she is still here and healthy and yelled at me to come and bring her into our bed at 7 this morning.
Love her millions xxx

Sounds horrible, glad she's ok. Must have been a terrifying experience.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Had a right mare last night.

10 month old daughter went down as normal at 8 last night. But was wide awake again at 2.30. Kept screaming the place down and finally managed to get her back down at 5.30. She's been up again since 8.15.

I'm a broken man today.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Got woken up by mum and little one at 8:15, after her morning feed.

She still waking periodically in the night (2am last night) but is going back to sleep ok. She is sleeping very well for a four-month-old - long may it continue!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
My first Sunday morning as a Dad, so thought I'd join in the fun! She's 6 days old today and currently asleep on my chest as I'm lying in bed typing this :)

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
My first Sunday morning as a Dad, so thought I'd join in the fun! She's 6 days old today and currently asleep on my chest as I'm lying in bed typing this :)

Congrats. My 7 week old is doing exactly the same! It's normally the only way he will sleep from 5 am

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Congrats. My 7 week old is doing exactly the same! It's normally the only way he will sleep from 5 am

Thank you! Congrats to you too - you must be getting the hang of it by now. We actually managed to get her to sleep most of the night in her own cot last night which meant we could all be asleep at the same time, which was amazing!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Congratulations

i am smugly typing that both the 20month old and 2 month old are still fast asleep. Not a peep from bigger boy last night and little boy was being fed by mum, so I have had all my beauty sleep!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Congratulations

i am smugly typing that both the 20month old and 2 month old are still fast asleep. Not a peep from bigger boy last night and little boy was being fed by mum, so I have had all my beauty sleep!

I'm jealous! Although to be honest at the moment I'm still so excited I don't really care about the lack of sleep :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm jealous! Although to be honest at the moment I'm still so excited I don't really care about the lack of sleep :)

Ah Aristotle for someone so wise and full of enthusiasm, let me tell you that when they are five and still getting up at 6 during the week and saving 5.30am starts for the weekend and the wife is still tucked up fast asleep in a coma your excitement will truly be tested.......

Enjoy it while they are so small, because you also don't realise how quite they actually are....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ah Aristotle for someone so wise and full of enthusiasm, let me tell you that when they are five and still getting up at 6 during the week and saving 5.30am starts for the weekend and the wife is still tucked up fast asleep in a coma your excitement will truly be tested.......

Enjoy it while they are so small, because you also don't realise how quite they actually are....

For an alternative take on matters wait until they are 17 and still not home from a party!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Soon be time for the footie season and something meaningful to do on a Sunday.

Pre-season game Friday night in Selsey

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
13 month old woke up at half 5, joined me and his mum in bed then proceeded to doze until 8:30. Marvellous stuff!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

One week on and after the night we had last night I'm starting to care more about the lack of sleep! I don't think we got more than 30 mins in one go all night.

I'm back at work tomorrow too, which is going to make things a whole lot trickier.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We had friends round last night for dinner. We got little'un down at 19.45. Had quite a few drinks and a home made curry and were laughing and chatting until 1.30ish and then heard the cries from the bedroom and found a wide awake daughter sitting there. We got her back down at 4.

I got to bed at 4.30 and she woke up again at 8.30.

I'm tired and hungover. The missus is still in her pit. When she wakes up at probably around midday it's her turn whilst I go for a kip for a couple of hours.

Parenting is hard.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Were do you live ? Cloud cuckoo land !

You know that's nots what is going to happen..... Don't you ?

It didnt:annoyed::annoyed::lolol::lolol:

Little'un is coming down with something as she's all snotty and whinging like a good'un.

I've just got her down for her afternoon nap and the missus has just said she's going to have a doze:censored::censored::annoyed::annoyed:

I obviously don't need any sleep then......

Bloody women.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It didnt:annoyed::annoyed::lolol::lolol:

Little'un is coming down with something as she's all snotty and whinging like a good'un.

I've just got her down for her afternoon nap and the missus has just said she's going to have a doze:censored::censored::annoyed::annoyed:

I obviously don't need any sleep then......

Bloody women.

Welcome to the land of our fathers, one of the worst ones that pisses me off is when they say oh let's meet friends in the park (who have children same age) then when you get there gone are the images sold to you of a nice coffee while the children play blissfully within your sight...... No they sit down after you have paid for the coffee, and natter for two hours with the other women while the men (who have been up since 5.30) try and look after the kids running here there and hither..... Then when it's time to go home, you get " I'm tired do mind giving her a bath when we get in"........ Nooooooooooooo. :eek:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Welcome to the land of our fathers, one of the worst ones that pisses me off is when they say oh let's meet friends in the park (who have children same age) then when you get there gone are the images sold to you of a nice coffee while the children play blissfully within your sight...... No they sit down after you have paid for the coffee, and natter for two hours with the other women while the men (who have been up since 5.30) try and look after the kids running here there and hither..... Then when it's time to go home, you get " I'm tired do mind giving her a bath when we get in"........ Nooooooooooooo. :eek:

Yep, been there done that. Her particular favourite is when we've been to the local pub beer garden. The idea is to both watch her whilst little'un crawls around trying to eat everything (fag butts, little twigs, dead leaves, tree bark, weeds/flowers and particular favourite of fruit shoot caps).

The missus sits there on her phone on Facebook or whatever while I constantly shadow daughter making sure she hasn't eaten anything. It means I get a mouthful of cider every 10-15 minutes whilst she drinks her pint a lot quicker. Then she'll come out with "are you not going to talk to me then?" Or "Are you going to drink your drink then?"

Aarrgghh:rant::rant::rant::rant:I

Having a baby has certainly stopped me drinking as much that's for sure which can't be a bad thing I suppose.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here