Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the signings of Rosenior and Hemed would appear to indicate that

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Nothing' isn't quite true.

Rosenior was not a big surprise given the hints I had been given.

Hemed on the other hand was 100% out of the blue.

The name might have been, but, as above, British Bulldog lives alongside the training ground, and reported a 'footballer & WAG' type were driven into Lancing, yesterday lunchtime.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I've never pretended to know anything. I have stated I am, at time, told things.

With that in mind, I am told there will be no further signings for at least a few days.

So we'll probably be signing a striker today and a keeper tomorrow :clap:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know nothing about rumours, sightings, ex players linked ect ect but I believe and respect Bozza ( Lick licky) but I think he is wrong we will sign more by the weekend* because the club would not stop at two mouthwatering signings with me flying out of the country for 11 days on Sunday. I am far to important than that!

*Please:D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting. I work with someone who did a PhD on the epistemic value of testimony, i.e. the conditions under which being told something by someone else allows you to count that information as knowledge. I should put you in touch.

It's knowledge but surely the question is whether or not it is factual! People can be content in the belief they have knowledge but blissfully unaware they actually know jackshit.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If it helps the club to keep picking up quality signings by keeping quiet, then carry on I say. It's nice to hear the rumours, but pleasant surprises are always best. The more sensible posters on NSC can decide which little snippets of information are the more believable ones, so keep them coming!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have links to the club, someone who has a very high profile job and I never hear any rumours, gossip,information and neither does my contact so where people get their info from amazes me!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
It's knowledge but surely the question is whether or not it is factual! People can be content in the belief they have knowledge but blissfully unaware they actually know jackshit.

Yes - you certainly know *that* you've been told, but you don't know *what* you've been told unless other conditions also hold. At a minimum, the thing you've been told has to be true. But then there can be cases when you are told something true, and believe it, but still couldn't be said to know it (at least, that is the general consensus).

So, the interesting question is, what conditions must hold for something to be knowledge, apart from it being a true belief?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But there's always people on NSC that know what's happening behind the scenes, and they always post on here to tell us about the 'hints' they've had.

Always after the event, but always completely correct :lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We need someone to buy a house as close as possible to Lancing and 3 ppl to do 8 hour shifts checking on who is coming and leaving the place not a load of 2 bit rumours made up by 'mates'

If I didn't have my current job , I would apply for that, given my close proximity to the academy!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have links to the club, someone who has a very high profile job and I never hear any rumours, gossip,information and neither does my contact so where people get their info from amazes me!

I can't help thinking the transfers are solely the responsibility of Barber (money), Burker II (talent), Hughton (final say so).
None of them are blabbing so why would anyone know anything?

In the past I can see, say Oatway, getting a tasty bit of news and then it becoming common knowledge a couple of days later.
Just because of his connection with the fans etc.

Bloom values his privacy above anything else, and we all know what happens when Bloom gets really pi$$ed off.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting. I work with someone who did a PhD on the epistemic value of testimony, i.e. the conditions under which being told something by someone else allows you to count that information as knowledge. I should put you in touch.

Good Grief - sounds both a bit heavy and fascinating at the same time.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We need someone to buy a house as close as possible to Lancing and 3 ppl to do 8 hour shifts checking on who is coming and leaving the place not a load of 2 bit rumours made up by 'mates'

Perhaps we should all chip in with a fiver, buy a house near the training ground, and call it “Were Loose”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here