Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
But is the seller being a bit of a twit? The sales are on, so you can spend similar money and get more of a warranty. Also, aren't people less flush at this time of year? He'll probably off load it easy in about April. Tell your mate to offer him £750 in used £20s. Its only Essex isn't it? Easy to get to then.

Already suggested that he offers £800, which he is considering doing. His plan is to test ride the one at Evans first.

Now you're talking. I've attached both links for him. He is going to be mighty confused after all this!

Thanks fellas, and Happy New Year to all the geeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
75% for me.

Strangely my memory of recent events seems a little hazy.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
92% for me. Got the Froome one wrong. I put sailing rather than cycling through the tunnel. The Santambrogio one was an educated guess though to be fair.

I was most pleased by the fact that I didn't have to ask the kids before submitting the answers.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
92% but got a clue from 10.

Looks like I was the only one at work today. Well done for getting rides in seeing as how the weekend is gonna be shite weather wise.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
92% but got a clue from 10.

Looks like I was the only one at work today. Well done for getting rides in seeing as how the weekend is gonna be shite weather wise.

Oops, I gave away one of the answers without realising it :dunce:

I managed to get a nice long seafront cycle path ride in with our two youngest today but missed out on a half decent road ride with 1066 jnr afterwards because of car troubles earlier in the day :angry: Had planned two rides with the local club this weekend but Sunday has been cancelled already. I'll have to see what the weather brings and how I feel for tomorrow.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Boom! 100%

1066, I can't believe you dropped points!

That's it!, I'm not playing anymore if you're going to be like that :flounce:

:jester:

I suppose I didn't hear about the Froome one because he must have actually stayed upright for a change :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sunday's looking great!

Dry yes, but with lots of rain on Saturday and temps dropping down to zero for Sunday morning, there's likely to be a lot of ice sheets about wherever the gritters haven't reached. Last Sunday was pretty hairy down a lot of the country lanes I went on. I might wait until late afternoon early Sunday evening when temps pick up a bit and stick more to the main roads. Alternatively, I might just say sod it and have zero miles for the week, bar the small amount I've done with the kids.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Dry yes, but with lots of rain on Saturday and temps dropping down to zero for Sunday morning, there's likely to be a lot of ice sheets about wherever the gritters haven't reached. Last Sunday was pretty hairy down a lot of the country lanes I went on. I might wait until late afternoon early Sunday evening when temps pick up a bit and stick more to the main roads. Alternatively, I might just say sod it and have zero miles for the week, bar the small amount I've done with the kids.

Hadn't thought of this.

Lie in it is then!

:smile:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Right then. If I wake up early enough tomorrow morning and the road looks dry from my bedroom window, I'm gonna venture out for a few laps of the estate.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I guess this is as good a place to ask this as anywhere.....

I want to get a bike, primarily for getting to the station and back, but also intend to do some weekend riding, road only, but I don't want to spend a fortune on one - max £250 really.

Where's best to look and what sort of thing should I be looking at? Bikes appear to have gone super-techno now. A few friends have advised me "avoid Halfords" is that right?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess this is as good a place to ask this as anywhere.....

I want to get a bike, primarily for getting to the station and back, but also intend to do some weekend riding, road only, but I don't want to spend a fortune on one - max £250 really.

Where's best to look and what sort of thing should I be looking at? Bikes appear to have gone super-techno now. A few friends have advised me "avoid Halfords" is that right?
Yeah avoiding Halfords, is no bad thing.
Although if you decided to push the boat out you'll be looking at a Boardman bike, exclusively from Halfords :shrug:

At your price point [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION], owner of a B'Twin, radar has gone off, who are we to argue with him.

http://road.cc/content/news/72001-best-entry-level-road-bikes-under-£500

It's tough to turn up a bargain on Ebay.
There's the second hand shop in Brighton (who's name escapes me) but to me that also seems a bit pricey.

I think the best place to get maximum value for £250 is gumtree or Friday Ad.
It's on the small side but this proves my point:-
http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/specialized-allez-sport-road-bike/1094735134

Not for me but at £150 this maight just be ideal:-
http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/carrera-tdf-road-bike-used-only-3-times-/1093325135

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here