Give My Regards To Broard Street - Paul McCartney
Who's That Girl - Madonna
Arrival - Abba
The Singles - Abba
The Best of Rainbow [double LP]
Hotter Than July - Stevie Wonder
Do What You Do - Jermaine Jackson
The Best of Michael Jackson
Guilty - Barbara Streisand (and Barry Gibb)
Dare - The Human League
Band on the Run - Paul McCartney and Wings
Simon and Garfunkels Greatest Hits
The Very Best of Elton John [double LP]
Yesterday Once More - The Carpenters [double LP]
Love on the Airways - Gallagher and Lyle
Rise - Herb Alpert
The Best of Blondie
Greese - The original soundtrack [double LP]
Evert Breath You Take - The Police
Strength - The Alarm
The Christmas Album - 18 Original Christmas Hits
Motown Gold - Vol 2
Night Moves - The Romantic Sound of the City
Dynamite - 20 Original Hits
20 Fantastic Hits - Vol 2
Party Party 2 - Black Lace

Singles
Christmas Rappin - Curtis Blow [12" single]
Baby I Love You, OK! - Kenny
Got to be There - Michael Jackson
Girls, Girls, Girls - Sailor
Gonna Make You a Star - David Essex
Lily the Pink - Scaffold
Vienna - Ultravox
OB-LA-DI OB-LA-DA - The Marmalade
Orchard Road - Leo Sayer
Daydream Believer - The Monkees
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
Beat Dis - Bomb The Bass
It's Good News Week - Hedgehoppers Anonymous
Born To Be With You - Dave Edmunds
Absolute Beginners - David Bowie
You Keep Me Hanging On - Diana Ross & The Supremes
Last Christmas - Wham
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Baby You're Dynamite - Cliff Richard
Careless Whisper - George Michael
Suddenly - Billy Ocean
Storm In A Teacup - The Fortunes
Crazy Horses - The Osmonds
All My Love - Cliff Richard
Something's Happening - Herman's Hermits
The Bangin' Man - Slade
Gudbuy T' Jane - Slade
Look Wot You Dun - Slade
My Friend Stan - Slade
Everyday - Slade
Cum On Feel The Noize - Slade
Susanna - The Art Company
The Kid's a Punk - Silk
Generation - Anarchic System
Shampoo Tears - Win
The Sting - The Ragtimers

Nothing particularly unusual or sought after there I'm afraid, guv.
As others have said Now That's What I Call Music 1 can be one title that will get some interest, but probably £10-15 tops, depending on condition. Might be worth eBaying or Discogs.
Slade may get a bit more collectable, but the singles you've got are pretty standard ones.
I'd suggest holding on until the spring and car booting them. If you offer them to a dealer, you'd struggle to get much interest, sadly.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I've checked some of the albums against similar on eBay to get an idea, but I feel I need to do more research. With regard to artists : The Who (Live at Leeds, Tommy, Quadrophenia, Who By Numbers, Who's Next), Led Zeppelin (Led Zep IV Symbols/ Physical Graffiti), Jethro Tull (Aqualung/ Double album - can't remember the title!), Yes (Close To The Edge/YesSongs)

Then I've got loads by various artists (eclectic me!) : Fairport Convention, Dory Previn, Neil Young, Barclay James Harvest, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lindisfarne, Elton John, Bad Company, Traffic, Eagles, Clapton, Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green), Supertramp, Stevie Wonder, Moody Blues, Genesis and the list goes on.

One possible gem - Tons of Sobs by Free. I bought this around 1974 at a secondhand record shop in Brighton, Church Street I think, for 50p. Anyway, it's a Japanese edition and I've seen the same album going for up to £400 on various sites.

The moral question for me now is should I hang on to them? I've replicated most of them by buying them on CD format. Decisions, decisions!

I'll be interested to see how you get on,because ive been thinking of selling mine,but have been worried about getting ripped off. My collection is similar to yours,and I bought a lot of them from that shop down the bottom of Church Street. If my memory serves me right,it was called The Cottage

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Anything beginning with any of the following

"The Best of....."

"Greatest Hits of....."

"Now That's What I call...... Shit"

Skip wasting your time, and any poor soul working in a record shop, don't even think about ebay, you would lose money.............

Just recycle or burn them in the back garden during a BBQ, make into a clock.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Even original 60's Beatles/stones who zep etc albums are only worth anything if they're mint, they pressed millions.

Discogs is good for valuation, eBay distorts reality.

I recently tidied up my vinyl collection, sold 10 albums individually, a few job lots (60's soul, ska etc) and the rest went to charity, it's not worth wasting your time doing anything els IMO.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'll have the wings album if you are selling that.

Btw. Anyone know if it possible to "flatten" an LP. I have a very old Mike Rutherford LP which I really enjoyed at the time, but I went to play it and it is warped...not badly, but enough to make it play slowly as I think it catches the cover of the player.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'll have the wings album if you are selling that.

Btw. Anyone know if it possible to "flatten" an LP. I have a very old Mike Rutherford LP which I really enjoyed at the time, but I went to play it and it is warped...not badly, but enough to make it play slowly as I think it catches the cover of the player.

I'm tempted to try the first of these 'solutions', but only on an LP I really don't care tuppence for:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h...0j69i57j0l4.5677j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Good luck :)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Even original 60's Beatles/stones who zep etc albums are only worth anything if they're mint, they pressed millions.

Discogs is good for valuation, eBay distorts reality.

I recently tidied up my vinyl collection, sold 10 albums individually, a few job lots (60's soul, ska etc) and the rest went to charity, it's not worth wasting your time doing anything els IMO.

I'd quibble on old Beatles albums. Depending on the pressing and the condition, the likes of Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper and the White Album still fetch decent money even if not mint. Some of the old deep groove Parlophone pressings from the early and mid Sixties still play ridiculously well even when they look like they've hosted Dancing on Ice. As for the right pressing of Please Please Me, well ... :banana:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Funnily enough I'm just sitting here cataloguing my 45 rpm singles - there's probably about 2000 of them along with a couple of hundred LPs as I used to flog off the albums periodically but, as I ran a mobile disco, kept the singles
I WAS thinking of just transferring them all onto CD but am wondering about trying to keep them (if I can pacify my wife).

el punal

Talking of collections, does anyone remember Jack Jackson? He was the forerunner of the DJ that we now associate with on radio shows and his format was innovative when he was with the BBC back in the early 1960s, so much so that he influenced the genius that is Kenny Everett, and many more.

At the time I was invited to his house for lunch and a tear up in his new Jag - he drove at 120 mph on the old Western Avenue (A40)! One of the remarkable things about the day was he showed me his record collection, which was stored in what you can only describe as a warehouse attached to his home. There were literally thousands of discs. I was later told that his collection was so vast that only the BBC had a larger volume. Being a young whipper snapper at the time I had no idea of the value or how remarkable that collection was. Ignorant me!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here