Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do mind the gap...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can't really argue with what he said. We were warned the season is a marathon and not a sprint.

Ah thanks for telling me, I had no idea, I was going for the sprint. :facepalm: First posts don't get much better.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just saying where we can improve. What's wrong with that ?

I tell you what, when the gaffer has had enough, apply for the job, I think you could be our saviour. I can't thank you enough for your wise and obviously experienced knowledge.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£203m spent by CP over 9 transfer windows has given them the 20th most expensive squad on the planet:
http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-replaced-as-worlds-most-expensive-squad
Buying pace, power and match winners.

In contrast, the Albion have only had (almost) 2 windows, and other than Pascal Gross, the Albion have done nothing in that department of consistent top flight quality.

The table is a fair reflection of this, and the gap will only widen unless the club can get over this impasse of getting top flight quality players in who can win us games of football.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm not sure that ban puts us in a good light. You have to take this stuff on the chin if you won't consider an 'Away End' on the forum.
As for what The Raver said - was he that far from the truth?

to be fair the OP has got a point, no point in papering over the cracks is there ?? as I posted before Christmas the team are on the slide into the bottom three ???
regards
DR

I have to say, I'm pretty much in agreement with the sentiments in these posts. Has NSC turned into a board full of snowflakes?

Palace were awful at the start of the season, and they were fair game for a load of "banter" from their rivals, which was duly dished out on here. Now, they sit above us in the table. If we ban someone for the first hint of "banter" coming back in our direction, I despair.

What, exactly, has the OP said to get banned? He wasn't rude, and while I don't necessarily agree with the points he makes, he's only expressing an opinion.

Don't get me wrong; there isn't an Albion fan anywhere who is more frustrated or pissed off than me tonight, but I would hope my moral fibre hasn't been completely broken to the extent I can't handle a bit of ribbing from a fan of my team's rivals. :shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
7 defeats from our first 7 games and no goals scored. Yet tonight we sit above you in the league :lolol:

I got dogs abuse on here when I said we had far better individual players and a better team than you. But everything I said has been proved correct. The league table doesn't lie chaps.

The only reason we were down the bottom of the league was due to the awful Frank De Boer and his 3 at the back tactics. Now he is long gone and in Roy we have a competent leader, a local hero.

What a team. 1 league defeat in 12. Solid at the back, bite, energy and creativity in midfield and in Zaha, a formidable attacking force, the best player outside the top 6. Overall, a team to be proud of who are fighting for the shirt.

If I were you boys I'd start to be worried. You're on the slide and looking more and more like relegation candidates. Your squad is weak and you have no one decent upfront to get you out of this. If you don't pick up some points soon your in big trouble given your run in.

Bring on the game at Selhurst. Your boys are in for one hell of a beating :bigwave:

After 23 games you finally got to brag, well done.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I have to say, I'm pretty much in agreement with the sentiments in these posts. Has NSC turned into a board full of snowflakes?

Palace were awful at the start of the season, and they were fair game for a load of "banter" from their rivals, which was duly dished out on here. Now, they sit above us in the table. If we ban someone for the first hint of "banter" coming back in our direction, I despair.

What, exactly, has the OP said to get banned? He wasn't rude, and while I don't necessarily agree with the points he makes, he's only expressing an opinion.

Don't get me wrong; there isn't an Albion fan anywhere who is more frustrated or pissed off than me tonight, but I would hope my moral fibre hasn't been completely broken to the extent I can't handle a bit of ribbing from a fan of my team's rivals. :shrug:

I kind of agree Bozza must be well pissed off, he doesnt ban lightly nd its generally an open board. It was a fairly accurate post to be fair to the OP

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

You may be forgetting that this prick has MASSIVE amounts of previous for being a grade A BELLEND and must have been sailing close to a ban anyway for excessive and persistent c**terry of the lowest order.

He's not been on the board for months and then crawls out of the festering, maggot ridden woodwork of Selhurst to gloat and mock. F*ck him.

Well played Bozza.

EDIT - Oh and snowflake as a term should be banned because it's really poor.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
7 defeats from our first 7 games and no goals scored. Yet tonight we sit above you in the league :lolol:

I got dogs abuse on here when I said we had far better individual players and a better team than you. But everything I said has been proved correct. The league table doesn't lie chaps.

The only reason we were down the bottom of the league was due to the awful Frank De Boer and his 3 at the back tactics. Now he is long gone and in Roy we have a competent leader, a local hero.

What a team. 1 league defeat in 12. Solid at the back, bite, energy and creativity in midfield and in Zaha, a formidable attacking force, the best player outside the top 6. Overall, a team to be proud of who are fighting for the shirt.

If I were you boys I'd start to be worried. You're on the slide and looking more and more like relegation candidates. Your squad is weak and you have no one decent upfront to get you out of this. If you don't pick up some points soon your in big trouble given your run in.

Bring on the game at Selhurst. Your boys are in for one hell of a beating :bigwave:

I genuinely can only agree with you, your analysis is correct and the facts stand for themselves. Only trouble is last time our two teams met, we won. Bit of a quid pro quo there.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I would agree if that particular poster actually appeared to take any stick when they were fair game but like a true palace fan he only turns up when they are winning in the premier league

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Banned for that post !! Wow just wow !

Jan 30, 2008
You may be forgetting that this prick has MASSIVE amounts of previous for being a grade A BELLEND and must have been sailing close to a ban anyway for excessive and persistent c**terry of the lowest order.

He's not been on the board for months and then crawls out of the festering, maggot ridden woodwork of Selhurst to gloat and mock. F*ck him.

Well played Bozza.

EDIT - Oh and snowflake as a term should be banned because it's really poor.

all on an internet forum :lolol:
regards
DR

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So a Palace fan posting as a Palace fan gets banned, but a Palace fan masquerading as a BHA fan is free to start wind up threads on here.

Not if identified, no.

You make it sound like you believe there is a blindingly obvious example that everyone is aware of but I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. I don't recall a flood of reported posts flagging what you are intimating and neither do I recall any other moderator mentioning it.

Palace have long been welcome on NSC, much to the utter horror of many, and they remain such to this day. By all accounts any Albion fan on cpfc.org is immediately banished to the backwater that is the away end where almost no one will read a word they write.

Kicking off with "Mind the gap", however, is never going to be taken positively. It's like running into a pub and shouting "Hey wankers, you're ****ing shit".

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Kicking off with "Mind the gap", however, is never going to be taken positively. It's like running into a pub and shouting "Hey wankers, you're ****ing shit".

This disappoints me. If the OP had, indeed, posted "Hey wankers, you're ****ing shit" then they would have deserved a ban. But they didn't. They posted "Mind the gap".

Of course that wasn't meant "positively" from an Albion point of view. Just as, I'm sure, causing "Palace" to be rendered as "PaLLLLLLace" wasn't meant to be "positive" from a Palace point of view. It was cheeky and taking the piss, just like "Mind the gap". But surely it's all fair game and part of a rivalry?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here