Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Stockdale !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He wouldn't have needed to make the save if it wasn't for a pointless foul outside our box...

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Such a shame for Stockdale - he'd had a perfect game up to then and had kept us in the match.

For his sake, I really hope it's not going to be one of the those career-defining moments at the Albion similar to Gordon Smith.

As a person that we saw after Shoreham and an Albion player, Stockdale deserves so much more.

He'll remember it long after it's become just another footnote in Albion's long history.

Horribly unfair, but that's football.

You're comparing that to the Gordon Smith moment ! There will never be another Gordon Smith moment EVER.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You're comparing that to the Gordon Smith moment ! There will never be another Gordon Smith moment EVER.

For this generation of Albion fans who weren't around in 1983, respectfully it could well be. A trophy on the line, last minute, etc.

My point was more whether Stockdale will be remembered in the years to come primarily for this error alone.

I hope not and that history judges him fairly.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When he stood up he was waving with both hands, rather than clapping the fans. It looked like he was waving goodbye

I didn't read it like that.

I felt for him today, I really did. I can be quite critical of him sometimes but all in all his season has been good; however he was distraught about his part in the Villa goal. He was one of the last to go over to the fans and Bruno had sent him over but as soon as the fans started singing his name he responded by applauding them. I think he was just initially worried about the reception he might receive.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It is rather ironic that prior to the basic elementary goalkeeping mistake he had probably been our MOM making a number of saves to keep us in the game.

MOM for me was Tomori.................. That guy oozes class now that you see his confidence beginning blossom

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't read it like that.

I felt for him today, I really did. I can be quite critical of him sometimes but all in all his season has been good; however he was distraught about his part in the Villa goal. He was one of the last to go over to the fans and Bruno had sent him over but as soon as the fans started singing his name he responded by applauding them. I think he was just initially worried about the reception he might receive.

I felt for him, & not s single fan should get on his back as hé'd made a few good saves earlier to keep us in the game.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Hopefully the mistake will keep the premier sharks away. For one I would never blame Stockdale. Has saved us many times this season including earlier in the game. Remember the good rather than the single mistake from what seemed a deflection. We seem to be unlucky at crucial times, but TBH in the cold light of day going up and just missing out on winning the league isn't all that bad! And I, for one, would have bit your arm off at the start of the season for todays outcome.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I might be totally wrong, but his reaction after the game suggests to me he won't be here next season.
Remember Ulloa at Derby that day when we all knew his waves goodbye were more than "see you" but "thank-you and goodbye". Got that feeling with DS today.
Personally I hope not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here