Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Agree they aren't that much better than us, we could get something there

The similarities between us and Burnley is based on starting out as being hard to break down and beat. The difference between us and Burnley is they make fewer cock ups defensively and score the few clear cut chances they get !

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
My best case scenario involves beating Man United or Spurs (why not both?) and getting a point at Burnley. Happy days. I have a nightmare scenario which involves us staying out of the bottom three until additional time at Liverpool but being relegated on goal difference in additional time! :eek: Maybe now I’ve said it it won’t happen.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
I’m with you re: Stoke and Southampton. I think we’ll stay up by the skin of our teeth.

16/17 34
15/16 37
14/15 35
13/14 33
12/13 36
11/12 36
10/11 39

Not that it means much directly, to whats happening this season, but the last seven seasons 3rd bottom points totals, 2 we'd survive,1 we'd have the points we do now, 4 we'd be relegated without any more points.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Maybe West Brom winning at United will give our players the jolt and awakening they need to start playing again with a sense of urgency.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Stoke : 8 points behind

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton : 7 points behind

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea : 2 points behind

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Huddersfield : Behind on GD
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Won’t bother with listing ours and Palace are safe.

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 7 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.
Huddersfield could get 0 points from their remaining fixtures - same as us.

I just can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures.

i can't argue with the logic but i am still shitting myself

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to West Ham tonight.

We need 8 points to mathematically finish ahead of Stoke as it stands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They were certainly celebrating as if they were yesterday. Maybe their undoing?

At least Huddersfield have a bit of form recently I wouldn’t bet on us finishing above them. We have bottom three form over the last five games and the toughest run in having blown games against teams around us that should have seen us safe. Saints have played well in defeat against top six teams in their last couple of games whilst we have managed one point against relegation rivals and don’t look capable of winning a game. We are nowhere near safe imo.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't think they all need to though. The four immediately below us are just a draw or a win away from passing us - and given all the remaining fixtures, that's quite possible / probable. So, then it only really needs Stoke, or more likely Southampton, to go on a sudden unexpected run.
This. Only one of them need to catch us. We just have to hope Stoke and Stains carry on losing.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Our GD could easily take a -12 swing in the last week on the season.

And perhaps -3 or -4 in next two matches too...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If this, maybe that, when this, possibly this.

I'm just waiting for it to pan out.

For those of a nervous disposition, even if you missed the 20s earlier last week, still lump on at 8/9 to ease your distress.

rel.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't there always a team that drops like a stone in the last crucial weeks? We are still in bother.

We are certainly doing our best to be that team having been 10th a few weeks ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Isn't there always a team that drops like a stone in the last crucial weeks? We are still in bother.
Swansea.

3 VERY tough games now, then 2 loseable 6 pointers v Southampton and Stoke.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here