Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

I think you will find that 'rapists roaming the streets' were the ones already in various EU countries that would get the right to come here on obtaining EU citizenship.Some people decided to invite them in without any consultation whatsoever,hence Brexit and the on-going problems in Hungary,Poland,Czech Republic etc refusing to accept any of these 'refugees'.

And it's those countries you list that have had the least migration and most benefit from being in the EU. This country had the reverse, on the other hand I don't think it's right that those countries should be dictated too by the EU on accepting migrant quotas either. Each country should be able to decide who comes in and set their own migration policies. Does pee me off when this country gets labelled as the bad guys, when there is so much other crap going on in the EU.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And it's those countries you list that have had the least migration and most benefit from being in the EU. This country had the reverse, on the other hand I don't think it's right that those countries should be dictated too by the EU on accepting migrant quotas either. Each country should be able to decide who comes in and set their own migration policies. Does pee me off when this country gets labelled as the bad guys, when there is so much other crap going on in the EU.

What really peed me off was Granny Merkle taking a big bow on the World stage with her 'Wir shaffen das',and then when she realised just how stupid she had been,it was everybody else had to do it without being asked.It was her stupidity that cost her party a shed-load of votes to the AfD!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How is "because I dont like\find red embarrassing" not flawed? And yes, a change for no reason regardless of in or out is equally unappealing and pointless.
Are we really wanting the UK to be a country where desicions get made on a whim due to not liking a colour? Are those the people you want making life changing desicions?

Blue Passports = 11
Red Passports = 10

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Incidentally- the fishing for leave protest on Sunday - They couldn't burn EU flags in Hastings as intended because they're flame resistant as per The EU directive they're manufactured too - very sensible - Stops ships burning at sea at least - very sensible indeed.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How is "because I dont like\find red embarrassing" not flawed? And yes, a change for no reason regardless of in or out is equally unappealing and pointless.
Are we really wanting the UK to be a country where desicions get made on a whim due to not liking a colour? Are those the people you want making life changing desicions?

The colour of our passport is hardly a life changing decision. If you think many decision aren't made on the whim then your very naive. You must be a bundle of fun when it comes to deciding what colour to paint your home ! Can't change the sitting room colour dear, it would be a whim and what function would it serve ? :facepalm:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It makes no sense. We are told that we have no money, there is austerity and we can't spend magic money tree money and yet we can afford to pay for a pointless change to the colour of a small book!? Bullshit. Something stinks.

Yeah yeah, you believe that.

This really isn’t some conspiracy you have to believe or disbelieve. The design of the passport (which includes the colour) is incorporated into the value of the contract. It really is true. It doesn’t matter how much you disbelieve this, the value of the contract will not change dependent on colour.
You could probably look it up yourself amongst the government procurement contracts which are in the public domain and online.This will inform you the design is part of the contract.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stop ignoring what people are saying! MP Andrew Rosindell: "The humiliation of having a pink European Union passport will now soon be over"

Oh for Christ sake.:ffsparr: Im not ignoring,you are.
I was hoping you were going to show me someone with a stand alone reason, that the colour itself was the sole reason they considered the passport embarrassing.

But you didn’t, you grabbed a few words out of many and assigned your own false narrative.

“The restoration of our own British passport is a clear statement to the world that Britain is back. Our British identity was slowly but surely being submerged into an artificial European one that most Brits felt increasingly unhappy about.
The humiliation of having a pink European Union passport will now soon be over and the United Kingdom nationals can once again feel pride and self-confidence in their own nationality when travelling, just as the Swiss and Americans can do. National identity matters and there is no better way of demonstrating this today than by bringing back this much-loved national symbol when travelling overseas.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/02/uk-passport-dark-blue-brexit-eu

Its obvious to anyone reading that (except you and ManofSussex apparently) MP Andrew Rosindell finds the humiliation is in the loss of identity and nationality by having a European passport and not the bloody colour.
Anyone reading that would identify that, which is probably why you chose to omit and ignore the rest of the words and cherry pick.

You are becoming increasingly crackers and purile over blue passports.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh for Christ sake.:ffsparr: Im not ignoring,you are.
I was hoping you were going to show me someone with a stand alone reason, that the colour itself was the sole reason they considered the passport embarrassing.

But you didn’t, you grabbed a few words out of many and assigned your own false narrative.

“The restoration of our own British passport is a clear statement to the world that Britain is back. Our British identity was slowly but surely being submerged into an artificial European one that most Brits felt increasingly unhappy about.
The humiliation of having a pink European Union passport will now soon be over and the United Kingdom nationals can once again feel pride and self-confidence in their own nationality when travelling, just as the Swiss and Americans can do. National identity matters and there is no better way of demonstrating this today than by bringing back this much-loved national symbol when travelling overseas.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/02/uk-passport-dark-blue-brexit-eu

Its obvious to anyone reading that (except you and ManofSussex apparently) MP Andrew Rosindell finds the humiliation is in the loss of identity and nationality by having a European passport and not the bloody colour.
Anyone reading that would identify that, which is probably why you chose to omit and ignore the rest of the words and cherry pick.

You are becoming increasingly crackers and purile over blue passports.

Numerous remaniacs on here seem to be obsessed by passports ... maybe it's a distraction/coping mechanism as our EU membership draws to a close. Bless em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here