Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What a start . Imagine if we had faced the games they had and performed the same . We would be thinking we are down .

They have Burnley away and saints home next . Then city , united and Chelsea .

Long may their world class players keep this up .

Europe by Christmas lol

@raver

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Somehow I've ended up on a thread about Brighton on the Palace forum - questioning whether it's time to join the 21st century and stop the homophobic abuse:
Living amongst the weed, my take on the we scored 5 they scored none ( or whatever we win by that happens to rhyme) is a large percentage of their fans are very homophobic and get upset in a school boy way because they don't like being called gay. I know it's childish and we shouldn't do it but it does really wind them up.
So it turns out we're the homophobic ones :rolleyes:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Somehow I've ended up on a thread about Brighton on the Palace forum - questioning whether it's time to join the 21st century and stop the homophobic abuse:
So it turns out we're the homophobic ones :rolleyes:

Do we get upset cos we don't like being called gay? It's never wound me up personally, I couldn't give a **** what Palace sing about us, and I quite like the fact we have a 'Gay' identity in football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do we get upset cos we don't like being called gay? It's never wound me up personally, I couldn't give a **** what Palace sing about us, and I quite like the fact we have a 'Gay' identity in football.
To be fair, a lot of their fans don't like the homophobia and want it to stop.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

its not about the "average supporter" getting upset, its about how this abuse actually adversely affects individual people, as has been said in other threads recently, its the young teenager coming to terms with his/her sexuality hearing hundreds or thousands of people chanting that being gay is somehow a bad thing, second class etc. For the vast majority these chants are viewed as funny , or irrelevant , but trust me, being constantly told you are a second class citizen, or there is something wrong with you isn't nice

I get quite annoyed when I keep hearing phrases like "that's so Gay" being used to describe something as being bad. Hetro's often do not realise what this actually feels like to a gay person, and probably 99.9 % of those making these remarks and chants don't have a bad bone in their body, they don't realise the damage that this can do to youngsters or vulnerable people, and probably don't consider for a second they are being homophobic, but they are- and the casual acceptance that its ok for others to denigrate and belittle us is almost as bad.

The easiest comparison is racism, it would not be OK to use the same terminology using colour for example, try saying "Oh that's so black" to describe something that's wrong or bad, or chanting " Your Black and you know you are!" to a group of people.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I understand all that, and having had three Asian foster siblings in a small Sussex village in the 60s, I do know the hurt and upset that verbal abuse can cause, my post was in answer to what Trigaaar posted from the Palace fan accusing us of being homophobic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
its not about the "average supporter" getting upset, its about how this abuse actually adversely affects individual people, as has been said in other threads recently, its the young teenager coming to terms with his/her sexuality hearing hundreds or thousands of people chanting that being gay is somehow a bad thing, second class etc. For the vast majority these chants are viewed as funny , or irrelevant , but trust me, being constantly told you are a second class citizen, or there is something wrong with you isn't nice

I get quite annoyed when I keep hearing phrases like "that's so Gay" being used to describe something as being bad. Hetro's often do not realise what this actually feels like to a gay person, and probably 99.9 % of those making these remarks and chants don't have a bad bone in their body, they don't realise the damage that this can do to youngsters or vulnerable people, and probably don't consider for a second they are being homophobic, but they are- and the casual acceptance that its ok for others to denigrate and belittle us is almost as bad.

The easiest comparison is racism, it would not be OK to use the same terminology using colour for example, try saying "Oh that's so black" to describe something that's wrong or bad, or chanting " Your Black and you know you are!" to a group of people.

No, no it wouldn't. Absolutely not. It would be 'You're', not 'Your' [emoji106][emoji106]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But their forum is full of stuff about being "financially stretched" and rumours of being "milked by the Yanks". Shame, eh?
Really ?

We told them again and again and again that the yanks wanted cash out, not cash in - but they wouldn't have it.

They. Would. Not. Have. It.

The yanks were meant to pump in cash hand over fist.

Deluded Dullards.

:rock:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really ?

We told them again and again and again that the yanks wanted cash out, not cash in - but they wouldn't have it.

They. Would. Not. Have. It.

The yanks were meant to pump in cash hand over fist.

Deluded Dullards.

:rock:

We even pointed them towards the American's other team, the 76'ers.

In fairness when talking them up our palace cousins did have a point as they ended last season, winning 28 losing 54.
Which is a massive improvement over all the other years they've been in charge.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Might be BS but i thought i'd share.. From a palace fan friend
21124374_10159181753370640_327556277_n.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Howc much would it cost to buy out the rest of De Boer's 3 year contract?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leak a few little titbits to the media.
Try and deflect the blame away from the top table.

BOOM

Cheap transfer window. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here