Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City boycott?

el punal

Bloke's such a delusional **** that his ego is doubtless far more important to him than his bank balance. In Poyet's ideal world, he'd invade Poland.

Is he really all of that? Yes I know he threw his toys out of the pram towards the end of his Albion reign, but prior to that he was pretty much adored by the Brighton faithful. Shame it all ended the way it did.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is he really all of that? Yes I know he threw his toys out of the pram towards the end of his Albion reign, but prior to that he was pretty much adored by the Brighton faithful. Shame it all ended the way it did.

He's been throwing his toys out of the pram ever since. And shows no signs of stopping. His managerial career is a MESS.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yes, fans threatening to cancel season tickets has always worked in the past to get managers reinstated.

Half of them probably secretly wanted him gone anyway.

Difference between the Premier league and the Championship.
Leicester fans threatening to cancel seasons tickets because they sack their manager after winning the Premier league.

Brighton fans threatening to cancel seasons tickets because of the mention of a drum. ( half of them secretly want it anyway)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I were a Leicester fan I reckon I'd boycott a few games. I know we have treated a few managers quite shabbily, Cattlin, Gritt and Slade spring to mind but Ranieri won them the ****ing Premier League against the odds. They also stayed up against the odds with Premier League winning form over the last 10 or so games under Pearson the previous season. Really hope they go down now, I am quite irritated about this and I am not even close to being a Leicester fan, complete lack of loyalty by management, players and quite a few fans it seems. Of course they won't re-instate him but a boycott should let them know that the fans are not happy. Then again non stop chanting of Ranieri's name throughout a game would be just as effective.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So basically the guy on the podcast arguing that relegation would be a total disaster for them was talking balls, financially speaking, as even if they do go down they will be by far the richest team in the Championship?

Correct

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
If Leicester appoint Roberto Mancini as manager, they will stand a very good chance of staying up. He's a good manager, did well for the most part at Man City and also at Inter and does have a connection with the club having played for them back in the early 2000s. He apparently really enjoyed his time at Leicester.

He's also a very strict disciplinarian and he will pull those players into line who clearly downed tools for Ranieri.

As harsh as it was on Ranieri considering last season, I think if things hadn't changed, Leicester were going down for sure and unfortunately, you can't just sack off 8 under-performing players with the transfer window closed, so the only remaining course of action is to get rid of the manager.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If I were a Leicester fan I reckon I'd boycott a few games. I know we have treated a few managers quite shabbily, Cattlin, Gritt and Slade spring to mind but Ranieri won them the ****ing Premier League against the odds. They also stayed up against the odds with Premier League winning form over the last 10 or so games under Pearson the previous season. Really hope they go down now, I am quite irritated about this and I am not even close to being a Leicester fan, complete lack of loyalty by management, players and quite a few fans it seems. Of course they won't re-instate him but a boycott should let them know that the fans are not happy. Then again non stop chanting of Ranieri's name throughout a game would be just as effective.
Not sure Slade treated that badly he had lost the dressing room and had to go.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The players are scum and deserve non stop abuse for the way they have behaved but at the end of the day LCFC are 92nd in the form table. That is sackable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely Leicester had no option. Whether the players are at fault or not, you can't get rid of them as the window is shut so the alternative is to sack the manager. Crucial for them that they don't get relegated as money is the issue. Had they kept him on for sentimental reasons they could kiss goodbye to the tv millions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's been throwing his toys out of the pram ever since. And shows no signs of stopping. His managerial career is a MESS.

I'm the first to admit that he hasn't made his managerial career easy for himself with his big ego, and histrionics, but basically I still believe him to be the inspirational manager, he once showed himself to be at the Albion.

One day I'd like him to see him stop wasting his talent in China, and return to the Football League to manage. He is well capable of it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Hughton lost the dressing room somehow would he have to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll carry on running with the cliche.

If Hughton lost the dressing room it would be bloody near impossible to support the players that drove him out.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
got a mate from Leicester who refers to us as

Seaside Rovers!

wouldn't lose too much sleep over this

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'll carry on running with the cliche.

If Hughton lost the dressing room it would be bloody near impossible to support the players that drove him out.

Agreed but very cleverly, it could never happen because aside from the fact that it's clear that he's one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the game, he's built a team where the sum is greater than the individual parts and in no small way by having players that haven't got massive egos. This team spirit is so bloody strong because Hughton built it. Just have a look at how the team responded to losing out last season - Hughton was the one who made that happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here