Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giant Flag Waving for Goal Celebrations

The flags at Palace are bought and waved by the fans not the club. The flags at Arsenal , Chelsea etc are arranged by the club and the wavers are paid by the club.

Not saying I like it but there is a vast difference IMHO.

Fortress Bellend

1413876851235_wps_29_Football_Barclays_Premier.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't work out whether the awful fake atmosphere and shit organised chanting at MLS games was influenced by the Palace teenage prats or vice versa. Mind you, the lumberjack would have an easy shift if they employed him at Selhurst.

Probably more likely taken from European fans who have had organised chanting, banners, flags, drums, megaphones, pyros, Ultras and 'displays' for many years. Nothing to do with the UK.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
What does 'tinpot' actually mean? Can anybody explain? The amount of 'tinpot' things that happen at the biggest clubs in the world is confusing me.

Flag waving is OK, but not for goal celebrations, it's a bit too staged. Before the game I think it's OK though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
What possible purpose do flags serve? They get in people's way - look sh*te and are sh*te

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Probably more likely taken from European fans who have had organised chanting, banners, flags, drums, megaphones, pyros, Ultras and 'displays' for many years. Nothing to do with the UK.
I do know that. It was just an easy excuse for another CPFC2010Ltd pisstake....

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just seen the Cardiff flags on the C5 highlights. I am not a big fan of these flags but the Cardiff version is embarrassing. One they are not actually that big, two it's Cardiff and three they are being waved by 12 year old who can barely hold them up let alone give them a decent waft.

I hope we don't go down this route as it just isn't proper football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here