Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not saying he is not a good player but i would not want my club bidding £10+ on a striker that has had 2 cruciate knee ligament injuries (same knee) and a long term Ankle injury within the last 2 years. Remember he has only played 33 times in championship.

£10+ would be a bargain.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Defoe has scored goals at every club he has played for. 6M is a small price to pay if he scores enough to secure PL survival, even at 34 years old
You might want to read my post again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[tweet]816744701294444544[/tweet]

The world has gone completely mad if those figures are true.

Edit: It went mad years ago, but you know what I mean.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can Defoe only be worth £6m? Surely that's crazy?

Sunderland would be MENTAL to sell Defoe at (almost) any price. He is their one player who guarantees goals. If they flogged him off in January, then they might just as well start programming their TomToms for Scunny now.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Young? Check
English? Check
Scoring goals? Check

All the above basically guarantees massive money will get thrown about in the hopes of finding the next Alli or Bale, we should be very thankful that our top English players are center halves because if Dunk was a striker with the same talent levels he shows at the back he'd be gone for 15 million+ too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sunderland would be MENTAL to sell Defoe at (almost) any price. He is their one player who guarantees goals. If they flogged him off in January, then they might just as well start programming their TomToms for Scunny now.
I agree with you - but if he is going for £6M - or little a bit more - I know what I'd like to whisper in TB's ear!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with you - but if he is going for £6M - or little a bit more - I know what I'd like to whisper in TB's ear!

Oh for sure. But he's a PL player - I very much doubt he would drop down to the Championship for half a season, no matter how promising our position is at the moment. If he moved, there's plenty of PL clubs who would be in for him.

I just cannot believe Sunderland would even entertain selling him though. The fee would be negligible given his age and lack of resale value. His worth to them over the next 4 months is more than tenfold what they could ever get for him this month.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All the above basically guarantees massive money will get thrown about in the hopes of finding the next Alli or Bale, we should be very thankful that our top English players are center halves because if Dunk was a striker with the same talent levels he shows at the back he'd be gone for 15 million+ too.
I'm sorry, but that's daft. You're saying we should be glad our players are less in demand and worth less. We could get an offer of £15m for Dunk, which we could reject. If we were offered £30m for an equivalent striker, we could reject that too. And if we were to get promoted, it would be quite handy to have decent PL level striker already in the team, as they're harder to come by than decent defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here