Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fikayo Tomori on loan from Chelsea

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

He appears quite cosmopolitan.

Born to Nigerian Parents in Canada, but brought up since very young making him technically eligible for three national teams :)

Appears to have been in both Canada and England Youth Squads.

And Bristol City were after him last year. Recently signed a 4 year contract with Chelsea.

Must be better than what we've got.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
"I love ya, Tomori; Tomori, I love ya, whether at home or awayyyyy"

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
The article does say that it will slow them to send Hunt out on loan so I guess they have something lined up for him?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He's presumably our 3rd choice rightback and 3rd choice left back once Rosenior and Bong get back. Maybe it's an indication that Bong's injury is more serious than we thought.

Think Adekugbe will be our 4th choice left back behind Poc, Bong and Rosenior still. Tomori is right footed and though he can play there it's probably his weakest position.

Chelsea have over 30 players out on loan at mo and given the quality of players they often send out (thinking Chalobah, Atsu, Christensen, Traore,, Ake) I don't think it'll be bad to develop a good relationship with them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe a loan deal to enable us to have a closer look at him for next season given the age of Bruno and also to act as cover for the remainder of this season as Goldson is not a natural full back

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
They want to send Hunt out on loan for development, so they're essentially bringing in a backup for Bruno on loan, and maybe at third choice once Rosenior is fit.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Surely they have a striker or two we can borrow as well.

Someone like Rashford just waiting for a chance

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting. Must be considered to be better than what we already have.

He is basically replacing Rob Hunt (to allow Hunt to go out on loan).

If Hunt were to stay in the squad as cover, it is likely he wouldn't play at all for the rest of the season (and, with the best will in the world, let's hope Tomori doesn't see a minute of league action). Hunt needs to be playing competitive games if he is to develop.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He is basically replacing Rob Hunt (to allow Hunt to go out on loan).

If Hunt were to stay in the squad as cover, it is likely he wouldn't play at all for the rest of the season (and, with the best will in the world, let's hope Tomori doesn't see a minute of league action). Hunt needs to be playing competitive games if he is to develop.
A very talented young international is not replacing hunt I can assure you.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here