Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Championship games

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We don't have a good record at most Northern clubs in this division, Leeds apart.

Huddersfield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Leeds are all going to be really tough games to win. Travelling up North in mid winter is not a happy hunting ground for the Albion historically, especially at night games.
Everywhere is north for us. Fear no one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course not, but 30 plus years of struggling in games up North tends to stick in the mind
Thank you. Saves me from replying to a damn silly question! I don't think any of the team that last played Southport are still in the team these days anyway!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Thank you. Saves me from replying to a damn silly question! I don't think any of the team that last played Southport are still in the team these days anyway!

Damn silly responses get damn silly questions in further response. Let's not get too hung up on this: my point is simply that there is a lot of assumption about sport generally that is simply untrue, an example is that it is more difficult to play against 10 men - proved to be complete bollox (see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34350828 and incidentally makes last night's win all the more creditable).

I don't know whether Albion have statistically significant worse results against Northern teams away in midwinter, but with respect, nor do you. The sample size is just not big enough to draw conclusions. Our perceptions are coloured by particular events (I recall seeing us lose 3-0 at Deepdale on a cold Tuesday night and being one of the 150 or so in the away end cheering when we got the ball in their half) that cloud the overall picture. That is the lot of the true supporter but it isn't the basis for a generalisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here