NYE - Yay or Nay

• I love it, best night of the year

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Hate it, too many good time charlies

Votes: 103 92.8%

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am done by NYE, normally a good social run up to Christmas with a couple of sessions and then onto my favourite day Christma Eve and onto the usually regular few glases on Xmas Day and a more boozy Boxing Day, then I just need a rest.

I think looking back NYE was exciting, pubs staying open past the usual licensing hours, so it was kind of obligatory to do it, but now you can do that any day of the year, oh yes I was younger and in my pomp back then too ;) !!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Brovion; I loved it when I was younger and I had my life in front of me said:
How much I agree, had two deaths in family over Christmas one too young to go and then my uncle yesterday morning.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Can't vote as I neither like it or hate it, I just try and ignore it. Was in bed by 11:30 last night (Dec 31st), although I'd just dozed off when the fireworks went off.

I loved it when I was younger and I had my life in front of me, now I tend to look at each new year with a sense of .... trepidation I suppose. I'm not by nature a depressive person, but because all the TV and newspapers tend to run articles looking back at the old year and looking forward to the new, I do find myself wondering if all my family and friends (and pets) will make it through.

Was quoting this on previous post but for some reason quote did not work

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Had a nice Pub Crawl from Hove to Brighton ,didn't pay to enter 1 of the many Pubs we visited . Had a great night with good company.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Had a nice Pub Crawl from Hove to Brighton ,didn't pay to enter 1 of the many Pubs we visited . Had a great night with good company.

It seems like pubs have in the main stopped charging, in central Brighton anyway. Did anyone actually have to pay to get into a pub this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It seems like pubs have in the main stopped charging, in central Brighton anyway. Did anyone actually have to pay to get into a pub this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few we popped into were tickets from around 7 30 ,not sure if they were charging though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here