Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for the people of Aleppo

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think the spirit of the OP is that the situation for the 'common man / woman' in the region is totally ****ed, and how terrible it is. OF ****ING COURSE the West / Middle East / Russia / Religious leaders / Country head / rebel leaders / ISIS are involved, any tragedy anywhere in the world has got at least one of these vile, pieces of shit involved.

I personally, despite not doing much about it besides feeling terrible angst and awkward as ****, am devastated that we keep on treating each other like a means to a ****ing end just to get power / money / pussy / whateverthe****.

People really are *****.

Well said. It was a major, historically important, 2.5 million populated town 6 years ago. Little left now. Please show some humanity NSC.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I think the spirit of the OP is that the situation for the 'common man / woman' in the region is totally ****ed, and how terrible it is. OF ****ING COURSE the West / Middle East / Russia / Religious leaders / Country head / rebel leaders / ISIS are involved, any tragedy anywhere in the world has got at least one of these vile, pieces of shit involved.

I personally, despite not doing much about it besides feeling terrible angst and awkward as ****, am devastated that we keep on treating each other like a means to a ****ing end just to get power / money / pussy / whateverthe****.

People really are *****.[/QUOTE

OP here. You have said it much better than I managed, it wasn't intended to be another thread about whose fault it is but simply a recognition that real people just trying to get on with their lives are being slaughtered and nothing is going to stop it

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's not called Looney for nothing, for what it's worth I think it's a truly noble thread.....

I do too - I also found myself liking the post of the video posted at #6 on this thread. I never ever thought the poster of that video and I would ever see eye to eye on any political issue. Credit where credit is due.

The woman who responded to the journalist is correct. There are very very few journalists on the ground there who are actually doing any of the reporting. A friend of mine was actually the co-producer of that recent BBC Documentary on Aleppo and she is clear that there are people there but very few considering the magnitude of what is going on. The people of Aleppo feel abandoned and most of the stuff reported is all ''hearsay'' from whatever side they choose to listen to.

The place is just too dangerous to enter and few journalists will actually go there and you can't rally blame them. She was well aware that when she made that documentary that things would need to get so far out of hand like they are now for the world to start really taking notice again.

I don't think any of us can really know the true goings on because even after speaking to her and she made that documentary, I still really don't know the truth about what is happening there, so I don't really know how anyone is really supposed to make an informed opinion except to say we should all be thankful that it is not us or any of our families going through it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If our soldiers were in that position and we were risking the lives of our children and families because we were launching attacks from populated areas and we were losing, we would be out of there just to save the lives of others.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::laugh:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

People really are *****.[/QUOTE

OP here. You have said it much better than I managed, it wasn't intended to be another thread about whose fault it is but simply a recognition that real people just trying to get on with their lives are being slaughtered and nothing is going to stop it

There's no one there, there's no when there. DEATH supported by the west and with Russia. Done and dusted. Bit like seeing a town 8 times the size of Brighton being obliterated.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's heartbreaking, all the more so as we were instrumental in the destabilization of the area that led to these events.

I think it is probably for the best that we didn't invade, it's unlikely that any result we could of achieved (if we could...) would result in anything lasting - see iraq/afghan.

Well we have tried 3 different types of intervention. Full air and land attack in Iraq that cost the lives of hundreds of thousands. In Libya we restricted our intervention by air attack only and left Gaddafi’s military hardware to the Islamic militants who slaughtered black working migrants and chased them into the Mediterranean sea and into Europe. The third intervention is supporting the rebels with training and weapons from the US via Turkey and Saudi and financed by Qatar. Keeping it all at arm’s length but giving the killer the knife. Nuffink to do with me guv.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rather sympathize with the christian towns that faced genocide from Islamic state which our lying media managed to keep out of the headlines.

What about the 'Muslim' towns ?

Information that may be of use:

This group are far more likely to regard non-conforming Muslims as apostates and worthy of death than Christians. In fact it is well documented that Christians are often left alone upon payment of certain levies to the group. A Muslim who doesn't conform is treated with less 'leniency'.

Christians have much to fear from them. Muslims much more so.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Muslims Like Us was an interesting 2 part documentary if anyone missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b085zxxk/muslims-like-us-episode-1

10 British Muslim's with views from moderate to strict who shared a house for 10 days. Worth a watch.

The Shia girl on there had some family killed by Sunni's in a mosque, and she asked the strict Sunni in this house what he would think if she got killed. He said well if you believe in the one true God then God will judge you in death.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've got to be honest, I'm just bewildered by it all. IS are scumbags, Assad is a scumbag, and in Hezbollah, Russia and Iran you almost seem to get the Holy trinity of headmental. I don't understand who's right, who's wrong or who should be put up against the wall and shot first. But the people who suffer most are the innocents. Get them out, and let the rest of them tear each other apart in some ****ed up Mad max style fight to the death, where the winners end up with what used to be a city, but is now just smouldering ruins.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sorry for your situation Aleppans. Dead or alive certain NSCers enjoy your plight.

What can NSC'rs do about it?

The rebels have insisted that they won't enter peace talks until Assad steps down and hands over his military to them. They have also insisted that they don't want the Kurds to be part of the solution. After 5 years of war the opposition haven't spent a one second of time to draw up a new proposed constitution to even negotiate with.

The Syrian government was a secular one and the Prime Minister was a Sunni but joined his brother on the rebels side to become the leader of the opposition.

If the Syrian government fell all the military hardware would end up in the hands of Daesh before the so called moderate groups got their hands on them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Watching the news today of families under siege and, by all accounts, being slaughtered, I felt that I wanted to offer my personal sadness that we in the west have not been able to find a way to prevent or stop this. I guess I could never have supported sending our troops in to keep these murderers apart and maybe this was the prevailing view and so we have arrived at today's carnage.

Sorry Aleppo, for what that's worth.

Anyone?

I also feel sad for the suffering of individuals in any warzone, especially innocent civilians. But I/we cannot make a difference on every occasion. End of guilt trip.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What can NSC'rs do about it?

The rebels have insisted that they won't enter peace talks until Assad steps down and hands over his military to them. They have also insisted that they don't want the Kurds to be part of the solution. After 5 years of war the opposition haven't spent a one second of time to draw up a new proposed constitution to even negotiate with.

The Syrian government was a secular one and the Prime Minister was a Sunni but joined his brother on the rebels side to become the leader of the opposition.

If the Syrian government fell all the military hardware would end up in the hands of Daesh before the so called moderate groups got their hands on them.

The rebels also embedded themselves within the civilian population of Allepo. Theres a lot of wrongs. Assads a ****, but so are some of the people he is fighting. Its horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here