Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last couple of blocks for Wednesday away (Friday), selling fast.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disappointing not to have sold out. Do NSC think the club made a faux pax by putting the complicated points system in place with so little time (less than a week) to actually shift the tickets?

I wonder if we'd have sold out if they'd made it easier for more people to buy a ticket earlier in the week.

Dunno. [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] started a thread on this before we knew if this was a trip we'd have to make or not. On that thread I wrote:

--------------------
Started talking about this with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] on the train home last night. The fact is, there is absolutely no reason why I couldn't go, but I really don't think I would, although that could just be a symptom of the current mood of flatness I have.

I was up there for the league game this season and it was a bloody long journey home with 50mph restrictions and closed motorway sections aplenty. I think I got home around 4am in the end.

Given the distance involved, a Friday night is massively more awkward to attend than a Saturday and will reduce our away following significantly. You can't get there and back on the train, so you'll need to either stay over or drive and leave at lunchtime on Friday, involving time off work and the like.

Finally, 2,500 people are making the commitment of getting up to Boro with many taking time off work on Friday to do so, and others spending small fortunes on train fares.

I'm waffling. 2,000 feels about par to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if we only had 1,500 or so.
--------------------

I'll add to that it's a first leg so nothing is likely to be resolved. If this was the second leg, even on a weekday night, then it would have sold out easily.

I thought demand may have been boosted by those who missed out on getting to Middlesbrough, but clearly not by enough.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 1500 or so that travel will do us proud, well done to them.

:clap2:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The club should have laid on free coaches, really.

Is a big ask after last weekend's trip.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh right ..nothing to do with a Friday night...many having gone up north last week or having to shell out for Monday....I must be piss poor then

All good reasons why some people can't make it, but with the size of our support would still have expected to take 2k. As others have said the club may be partly responsible by miscalculating the likely demand/unrealistic points system threshold.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Have we really not sold out? Im suprised but all things considered was to be expected

I really wouldn't worry, if it is 1500 or so it will look sold out as for those who tucked in to Middlesbough's finest dish Parmo last weekend will need a 2 seat space. It is possible there may not be enough room:moo:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Presumably you are going, did you also go to Boro by any chance

Yes I am going, would have gone to boro if I could get a ticket and went to the Forest away game Monday night (live on Sky), another poor turn out (but great support) considering the importance of the match. Not that this has anything to do with my point.

I would have thought most BHA supporters would want and expect us to take 2000 for a vital play off match and have the best support possible at all our games.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Dunno. [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]

I'll add to that it's a first leg so nothing is likely to be resolved. If this was the second leg, even on a weekday night, then it would have sold out easily.

I thought demand may have been boosted by those who missed out on getting to Middlesbrough, but clearly not by enough.

Given the clamour for Boro tickets and the resulting disgruntlement on various forums from those who missed out, i expected the same as you. Having said that I.m not going as I spent a fortune last week and have to be in work tomorrow afternoon. I stayed in Nottingham last Friday and it took about 5 and half hours to get there last Friday on the M1. It's a long journey on a Friday night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes I am going, would have gone to boro if I could get a ticket and went to the Forest away game Monday night (live on Sky), another poor turn out (but great support) considering the importance of the match. Not that this has anything to do with my point.

I would have thought most BHA supporters would want and expect us to take 2000 for a vital play off match and have the best support possible at all our games.

Ok so you are not travelling 500+ miles and and spending upwards of £150 twice in the space of 6 days then with another £50+ being spent on Monday. Oh and taking two days off work.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Neither are 22000 other supporters.

How many of those 22k are able to trundle off the Sheffield for an evening ko on a week night that they cannot get home from using public transport. Our away support isn't that big north of London games anything over 1k for a midweek game that far is excellent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ok so you are not travelling 500+ miles and and spending upwards of £150 twice in the space of 6 days then with another £50+ being spent on Monday. Oh and taking two days off work.

Unreasonable in other words ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here