Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new yok at xmas

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Don't start that shit especially after last winter. No f=in snow this year. Unusually mild Autumn (so far) followed by straight forward chilly but otherwise comfortable winter (please).

i see your location is Philadelphia i ve got one day there as well going by Amtrak from NYC looked at a few things to do there the Rocky steps will have to be done anything else not to miss out on in Philly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
im taking my 6 year old so im hoping the weathers gonna be okay i ve checked a month ahead and it looks similar to here.

Quite variable in winter - could be similar to here but they get a lot more snow and it can get bitterly cold (New York is fabulous in the snow......Central Park in particular). Very few transport problems if snowy as they are totally geared up for dealing with it. With a 6 year old I'd definitely give the Central Park Zoo a visit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ooh ooh ooh miss.............Blind Tiger on Bleacker.

This. This and this. One of my favourite bars. Missus loves it as well.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
i see your location is Philadelphia i ve got one day there as well going by Amtrak from NYC looked at a few things to do there the Rocky steps will have to be done anything else not to miss out on in Philly

Honestly, I have never understood the Rocky Steps thing (although of course I did it too). Only takes 20 seconds, so why not. Not sure what gets you going, so hard to prescribe a highlights tour for you. Here goes. If you like Art, then at top of Rocky Steps go into the Philadelphia Museum of Art (2 hours of wonderment). Whizzing around Independence Mall is a winner (Liberty Bell, Congress Hall, The Mint) - American History so not real history but a good 2 hours of stuff in a short distance. Cheese steaks??? Jim's on South St (better and safer than heading in to the hood for Pats vs. Genos typical contest). 76ers tickets are $1 right now as they SUCK big time, if they're playing when you're in town. Franklin Institute has IMAX, Plantetarium, Massive Steam Locomotives, an original Stephenson Rocket and that kind of stuff. My boys love it. Lots of great places to dine (BETTER THAN NEW YORK) and can give you better guidance if you tell me what you like. Reading Terminal Market has lots of local eateries inside. Barnes Museum is arguably the finest never heard of collection of art in Western Hemisphere and the Rodin is right next door. Philly is an odd hit or miss city. Small and easy to get around but FAR MORE dangerous than New York, so really watch yourself. 99/100 you'll be good and safe and enjoy a solid day of fun. UTA.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Are you actually called Mooney?

PM me as I have a list of 'things to do in NYC'. My 4 siblings have been there a long time and I know the place well now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can get a city pass that covers Rockefeller, empire state, statue of liberty etc and I think it was around £60 last year. If your going to do a few it works out cheaper this way. I bought my ticket in the empire state building which is close to Rockefeller.

Good call, you can order your city pass in advance, ours came from a seller based in Horsham! The one we had meant we wee pre booked for up to 4 attractions and didn't have to queue for them, well, a bit for the 9/11 museum. Well worth it so long as you do 4 attractions.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cavatelli with Hot Sausage and Browned Sage Butter at Frankies Spuntino (Brooklyn or West Village).

Best pasta dish you'll ever eat.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good call, you can order your city pass in advance, ours came from a seller based in Horsham! The one we had meant we wee pre booked for up to 4 attractions and didn't have to queue for them, well, a bit for the 9/11 museum. Well worth it so long as you do 4 attractions.

You have to pre book to use the toilet, only in America

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Honestly, I have never understood the Rocky Steps thing (although of course I did it too). Only takes 20 seconds, so why not. Not sure what gets you going, so hard to prescribe a highlights tour for you. Here goes. If you like Art, then at top of Rocky Steps go into the Philadelphia Museum of Art (2 hours of wonderment). Whizzing around Independence Mall is a winner (Liberty Bell, Congress Hall, The Mint) - American History so not real history but a good 2 hours of stuff in a short distance. Cheese steaks??? Jim's on South St (better and safer than heading in to the hood for Pats vs. Genos typical contest). 76ers tickets are $1 right now as they SUCK big time, if they're playing when you're in town. Franklin Institute has IMAX, Plantetarium, Massive Steam Locomotives, an original Stephenson Rocket and that kind of stuff. My boys love it. Lots of great places to dine (BETTER THAN NEW YORK) and can give you better guidance if you tell me what you like. Reading Terminal Market has lots of local eateries inside. Barnes Museum is arguably the finest never heard of collection of art in Western Hemisphere and the Rodin is right next door. Philly is an odd hit or miss city. Small and easy to get around but FAR MORE dangerous than New York, so really watch yourself. 99/100 you'll be good and safe and enjoy a solid day of fun. UTA.

i ve got tickets already to see the 76ers at the Brooklyn Center paid a lot more than a dollar it cost me 150 dollars for 3 of us.I checked out the Franklin Institute that looks good and i think my son would like that so will defo head there the Reading Market looks good as well.I got told they have the oldest street in the U S. so gonna check that out too. thanks for the advice.UTA

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Are you actually called Mooney?

PM me as I have a list of 'things to do in NYC'. My 4 siblings have been there a long time and I know the place well now.

no im not called Mooney.But my friends do call me Mooey.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
i ve got tickets already to see the 76ers at the Brooklyn Center paid a lot more than a dollar it cost me 150 dollars for 3 of us.I checked out the Franklin Institute that looks good and i think my son would like that so will defo head there the Reading Market looks good as well.I got told they have the oldest street in the U S. so gonna check that out too. thanks for the advice.UTA

If you like all that stuff, check out Elfreth's Alley (oldest street in US), Head House Square (close to Jim's Steaks on South Street). A couple of good boozers - The Dandelion, Victoria Freehouse,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here