Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Renato Neto: Deal OFF after fails medical

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
He was on the verge of signing but now he isn't. Sod's law and all that, we just have to keep looking elsewhere. At least we've made three signings and there's still time in the transfer window.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very glad we haven't signed a crock. I know we did with Zamora but that signing was as much about shirt sales and team building as goals IMHO. Bottom line is a lot of people were saying early on in this thread he'd be an injury risk.

Nothing to blame Andy Naylor for here either. Everything reported correctly and a tweet issued re the back page piece as soon as he knew.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I did think there was something a bit suspicious about the fact that Gent had almost seemingly agreed for him to be sold before a fee had been agreed, given that he seems like a fan favorite at their club... Well done to the medical staff as it could of proved a very expensive mistake. We now move on to other targets.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Many on NSC like to slag off The Argus and Naylor especially. Well on Neto, he's not only indicated that we're keen on signing him, but did so early, and gave several hints that negotiations were well developed. And he did this after indicating that a whole load of rumours that many on NSC got extremely excited about were a load of old tosh, which upset those excited NSCers.
I'm of the view that Naylor's got good links with the key players at the club, and is pretty good at keeping us informed about what's going on. That's tough given that the club don't give much away, but Naylor's been extremely accurate this transfer window.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Many on NSC like to slag off The Argus and Naylor especially. Well on Neto, he's not only indicated that we're keen on signing him, but did so early, and gave several hints that negotiations were well developed. And he did this after indicating that a whole load of rumours that many on NSC got extremely excited about were a load of old tosh, which upset those excited NSCers.
I'm of the view that Naylor's got good links with the key players at the club, and is pretty good at keeping us informed about what's going on. That's tough given that the club don't give much away, but Naylor's been extremely accurate this transfer window.

But he's still a Stoke ****. :shrug:

The Anus should appoint a local and a supporter to write about the Albion. How difficult would it be?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But he's still a Stoke ****. :shrug:

The Anus should appoint a local and a supporter to write about the Albion. How difficult would it be?

He is local (Woodingdean) and chose to support Stoke, because he liked Gordon Banks. Sometimes it's good not have a supporter writing up match reports etc, as there is no bias.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why does it matter who he supports ?

Rather have an objective view than one of a Albion fan... get enough of those views on here

Seem to recall us being referred to as 'they'. John Vinnicombe would never . . . .

Petty prejudice takes a long time to dissipate.

Anyway, his and his employer's business...and my prerogative to sniff in disdain.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I did think there was something a bit suspicious about the fact that Gent had almost seemingly agreed for him to be sold before a fee had been agreed, given that he seems like a fan favorite at their club... Well done to the medical staff as it could of proved a very expensive mistake. We now move on to other targets.

And the fact that Gent had already signed his replacement, not very Gentlemanly methinks. Lets just move on. The club & its medical team have done their jobs well & now we are continuing the search for those who will strengthen the team as Renato wasn't up to the task, sadly as he obviously had potential.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Seem to recall us being referred to as 'they'. John Vinnicombe would never . . . .

Petty prejudice takes a long time to dissipate.

Anyway, his and his employer's business...and my prerogative to sniff in disdain.

John Vinicombe was actually a Bristol Rovers supporter. Fans with laptops can be an embarrassment to all concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here