Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Historically when we move someone out, someone then arrives in their position pretty soon.

A young striker out on loan suggests a young striker in on loan soon - which ties in nicely with the loan for Izzy Brown...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Good for the experience, I suppose - but also a bit sad that he won't have a shot here in a cup match or something. I do sometimes wonder if we're too cautious with our youngsters' progress.

What's better, the odd cup match and the development squad or getting out there and finding out what it actually takes to be a professional footballer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes you are right we should definitely not be looking at players who have played over 140 games in the top flight and represented his country at all age levels. Like it or not this is the type of market we will be operating at
His star seems to have waned somewhat in the last couple of years. Maybe CH could get the best out of him again? Or maybe his days as a top flight player have just about gone. £2M isn't a lot by the current mad standards - might (just possibly) be worth a punt if he's not too greedy about wages. I don't think I'd be too overwhelmed though..........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good for the experience, I suppose - but also a bit sad that he won't have a shot here in a cup match or something. I do sometimes wonder if we're too cautious with our youngsters' progress.

Personally, think we're handling them well. Maguire-Drew looked exceptional last season, will be interesting to see how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What's better, the odd cup match and the development squad or getting out there and finding out what it actually takes to be a professional footballer.
He was out there doing that last season. How old does he have to be before we consider giving him a chance in the 1st. team squad? If we never do, what's the point of a development squad?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Historically when we move someone out, someone then arrives in their position pretty soon.

A young striker out on loan suggests a young striker in on loan soon - which ties in nicely with the loan for Izzy Brown...

With one major difference, Maguire-Drew is nowhere near our first team, If Izzy Brown were to sign, he would expect to play.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Leicester signing Iheanacho for £25 million :eek: I know he has scored a few when he has had the chance but I'm not convinced he is good enough to cut it as a regular starter in the PL.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yes, will be interesting - and I'm encouraged a little by seeing that there's a January recall option.

I'd imagine the recall option is primarily there so that there's the option to get him back and off to another club if he's struggling for game time at Lincoln. Think it'll be a while before he gets near an Albion match day squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here