Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 104th Tour de France thread

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Real shame for Dan Martin to crash, twice. Top ride to stay with the best over the top. If they catch Bardet then Martin probably would have won the stage here in the sprint.

Yeah feel sorry for him. No error on his part and easily the quickest finisher of those riders in that group.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody chapeau Barguil! :clap2:

Another thoroughly deserved win in a row for the Frenchies.

Now we just need to hear Porte is ok.

Edit: Uran gets it. Gutted for Barguil.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
An almost funereal atmosphere in the TV studio after the photofinish shows that poor old Warren didn't quite make it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ouch.

Hope Richie is ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]884071332694163456[/tweet]

Aru - His name is going on the list.

I turned out to not quite be the chugging up a hill day I thought it was panning out to be. :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aru - His name is going on the list.
I thought it was a given that attacking a mechanical was not cool, but Greg Lemond said he thought Aru should attack, and didn't think they should all then stop and wait.

What? This Greg chap knows a thing or two, so why the wildly different opinions on this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought it was a given that attacking a mechanical was not cool, but Greg Lemond said he thought Aru should attack, and didn't think they should all then stop and wait.

What? This Greg chap knows a thing or two, so why the wildly different opinions on this?

I don't think it is wildly different, only Aru, the Shadow, and now LeMond thought it was a good idea.
It's clear what Quintana's motivation was, and I'm fairly sure much the same can be said of Aru, that being they knew it was their only chance to win.

I'd be amazed if Aru does that again, but not as amazed as I would be if a rider did that to Lemond in yellow, and he said 'oh well that's racing'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's clear what Quintana's motivation was, and I'm fairly sure much the same can be said of Aru
I get that. If they know it's not right but think **** it, I don't give a shit. But that doesn't explain why an experienced commentator then says it's all cool. That makes no sense to me.

I'd be amazed if Aru does that again, but not as amazed as I would be if a rider did that to Lemond in yellow, and he said 'oh well that's racing'.
:lol: Quite.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get that. If they know it's not right but think **** it, I don't give a shit. But that doesn't explain why an experienced commentator then says it's all cool. That makes no sense to me.

:lol: Quite.

I've not been watching Eurosport, until today, do those that have get the impression Greg has been told to be 'opinionated'?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Quite pleased that Barguil didn't win as he put in no work to help the yellow jersey group catch Bardet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite pleased that Barguil didn't win as he put in no work to help the yellow jersey group catch Bardet.
He did plenty of work earlier. If he had much left, he'd have stayed with Bardet, rather than watch him go past. Meanwhile, Uran pretended to have a mechanical, and just followed the other riders home :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I got back on the bike and carried on down the descent, but when I got on the flat I knew something was wrong." - @GeraintThomas86

Really G, it took until you got on the flat before you realised:-

[tweet]884097065382543360[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did anyone else see the bloke holding up the bit of cardboard with:-

'Free Sagan'

painted on it. :lol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here