Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Sackville Road reporting in.

They're here.

If swifts like flying ants this could be a marvellous evening's entertainment.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Clouds of them to negotiate om the walk home from Durrington at 17:00.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Up up and away on the walk home from Brighton Station. Not that many though, so the seagulls are still relatively quiet.

Is it true that flying ants are alcoholic, which is why, after partaking, the seagulls start screeching up and down the street and generally behaving like a promoted Albion squad out on the piss?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Freshly painted workshop floor on Lancing Industrial estate. Shutter door left open as a very nice day. Flying ants through shutter door and onto freshly painted workshop floor.....it's going to be fun picking them off tomorrow. Also had the usual amount of seagulls riveted to the road, refusing to move for the cars, wonder how many will be road kill come the morning

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Haven't seen a single one in Hove. Which is a shame as it's always an entertaining evening with the potential for some Seagull roadkill.

ilduc944

May 1, 2014
Two mahoosive nests in Woodingdean rear garden and hundreds o them taking flight like a bomber command mission. If you're out jogging tonight keep your mouth shut as you breath in!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
****loads in portslade

Not in my bit :(

I have been hoping for the dream scenario of all ants cleared from garden and all the local seagulls either in the local rehab unit or run over. Two lots of vermin with one stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Saw two in my garden earlier and wondered if the day had arrived. Nothing since.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not in my bit :(

I have been hoping for the dream scenario of all ants cleared from garden and all the local seagulls either in the local rehab unit or run over. Two lots of vermin with one stone.

I got attacked by a ****ing seagull when out running today. Plodding through one of the industrial estates in Burgess Hill, the ****er made half a dozen attempts to dive bomb me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I got attacked by a ****ing seagull when out running today. Plodding through one of the industrial estates in Burgess Hill, the ****er made half a dozen attempts to dive bomb me.

Vermin.

I changed routes this time last year due to a similar one. I figured it was still pissed up on ants.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Vermin.

I changed routes this time last year due to a similar one. I figured it was still pissed up on ants.

There are two industrial estates I run through regularly, both have the ****ish types who like to dive-bomb. The one that had a go at me on the Victoria estate was proper nasty......if I hadn't have stopped and faced it off I'm sure it would have hit me. It circled half a dozen times and repeated it's attempts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here