Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Leicestershire SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP Div 2 11:00 , Arundel

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Weather looks good today for what is probably my fav place in England to watch a game of cricket in any format , those of you going , i'm jealous have a good day , anybody know if The Goff is due a return yet ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With uncontested tosses this season would you expect Leicester to bat at pile on the runs on day 1?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Squad: Nash, Finch, Wells, van Zyl, Wright, Brown ©, Jordan, Wiese, Archer, Briggs, Garton, Beer, Sakande.

Beer might get a game.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
anybody know if The Goff is due a return yet ?

Doesn't look like it:

Chris Nash returns to the Sussex squad for the Specsavers County Championship match against Leicestershire in the Rathbones Arundel Festival of Cricket, starting on Wednesday (11am).

The opening batsman had to serve a concussion protocol last week after he was hit on the head during practice but returns after missing last week’s drawn game with Gloucestershire.

Left-arm seamer George Garton is also added to the squad after taking two wickets and impressing for England Lions against South Africa during last week’s tour game at Worcester.

Will Beer is also included in the 13-man squad. The leg-spinner took 11 wickets at Arundel Castle three weeks ago when Sussex defeated South Africa A.

A combination of rain and obdurate batting robbed Sussex of victory against Gloucestershire but Head Coach Mark Davis is confident his side can bounce back against a Leicestershire team that Sussex beat last month.

He said: “With the T20 coming up it’s important we go into the break from Championship cricket with a good performance and hopefully a third win in four games, although we fully expect Leicestershire to provide tough opposition as they did at Grace Road earlier in the season.”

Squad: Nash, Finch, Wells, van Zyl, Wright, Brown ©, Jordan, Wiese, Archer, Briggs, Garton, Beer, Sakande.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Beer always seems to miss out in the 4 day game , perhaps he will get the nod over Briggs , still not seen Sakande play but the word is he looks to much like Will Smith to play cricket and will end up playing the lead role in Independence day 3 .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aren't they only uncontested if the away side wants to bowl? Otherwise you toss for the chance to bat?

Ah ok. I knew there was some sort of caveat, but I couldn't recall exactly what. Thank you

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Garton and Wiese miss out Briggs and Beer start along with Sakande

Sussex
Chris Nash
Harry Finch
Luke Wells
Stiaan van Zyl
Luke Wright
Ben Brown(c)(wk)
Chris Jordan
Will Beer
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Abidine Sakande

Leicestershire
Paul Horton
Arun Harinath
Colin Ackermann
Mark Cosgrove(c)
Rob Sayer
Ned Eckersley
Lewis Hill(wk)
Mathew Pillans
Clint McKay
Richard Jones
Will Fazakerley

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Weather looks good today for what is probably my fav place in England to watch a game of cricket in any format , those of you going , i'm jealous have a good day , anybody know if The Goff is due a return yet ?

It's a great setting for club cricket and touring sides, but the four day games are invariably snooze fests as the pitches are prepared to ensure there is cricket on all four days, maximising hospitality and beer sales. Add to that it's an absolute arse-ache to get to if you don't drive, there are virtually no facilities or shade - or shelter if it rains. It is also totally ill-equipped to handle the 5000 or so who turn up for the T20 on the Sunday. I suppose that is the nature of festival cricket. Just a shame Horsham council show no interest in supporting festival cricket in their jurisdiction.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here